I Pod

rmciottijr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rmciottijr
Hey every one,

I am looking to get an Ipod and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I was looking at the 80GB Classic any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob

I have the Shuffle, a 4Gig mini, 30Gig Video, and I just got the 16gig iTouch

The size depends on what you really want to do with it. My 30gig has 22gig of stuff on it and most of that is Star Trek, South Park and music videos. The songs only are at about 9 Gig. 80 gig is a lot of space for music!

The iTouch has 16gig of space and I wish it had more. It is really cool to watch video on it and the WiFI access kicks butt!

Hey every one,

I am looking to get an Ipod and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I was looking at the 80GB Classic any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

Like buying an airplane, you need to define your mission.

Just want something to throw a few tunes on for when you go running? Get the iPod Shuffle.

Want to watch videos on your next flight? Get the iPod Touch (for the big screen).

Want to put your entire massive library of music, videos, and photos on your iPod and have enough space left to back up all of your important files? Get the iPod Classic.

Want something that'll hold some songs, some videos, and some photos that you want to cart around in a super-portable package for a pretty good price? iPod Nano.

And, let's not forget the iPhone. iPod (music, photos, videos), phone, web, email, camera, and don't forget PoA Mobile. ;)

Hope that clears it up. :yes: What's your mission?

And, let's not forget the iPhone. iPod (music, photos, videos), phone, web, email, camera, and don't forget PoA Mobile. ;)

Naw, lets forget it. ;)

One of my colleagues should me his hacked one. He has it running on Vodaphone over in the UK. Said it was really easy to do too. T-Mobile in Europe is supposed to get them and I may pick one up especially if it willtake a T-Mobile SIM then I will not have to hack it. But I truly love my little KRZR phone. So small and fits in my pants pocket. Has a 2gig miniSD in it for storing extra music.

Last edited:
I just got a nano. They recently came out with a new generation that has 8G (versus 4G in the nanos I got may daugthers for christmas last year). Plus it will play videos. The screen is small but the picture is surprisingly clear.

I looked at the classic, but I thought is was a bit too large (not to mention more expensive). The nano fits easliy in my pocket.

For my mission, which is mostly listening to podcasts in the car, the nano fit the bill. I've got a ton of aviation podcasts on it right now, including some video podcasts, and I've still got 5 G free. I'm gradually adding music to it which will eat up more space but I don't expect to use more than a few gigs for that. Plus I have more podcasts on it than I will in the future because I'm catching up with past shows, so I expect 8G to be more than enough.

Lee

Although I haven't heard any complaints recently, a few years ago there were questions about the longevity of the "classic" in whatever size range. I guess having a spinning HD is not totally compatible with being carried around and thrown on the floor when you take your pants off and throw them on the floor.

The Nano, however, is all solid state. The 8g Nano gets my vote if it will fit your mission.

-Skip

My g-friend just got a 8gb Nano today. I've been playing with it for the last thirty minutes, I'm impressed. I had one of the original HD iPods a few years ago, I think it only held 1GB, and here is a flash drive model that holds 8x as much (with no skipping or other HD liabilities.) $188 at Sams Club.

8gb will hold 1000 songs and 4 hours of video, or 2000 songs, or 8 hours of video. Plus it has a calendar, an address book, and alarm clock, the other goodies. If I wasn't in the market for a smart phone instead I would have bought one too. I run (well, now with my knee I "jog") and even with the skip memory on the HD models they would lock up or skip after a while.

I am pleased with my new Nano 8GB . It is small enough to put in an arm band and listen to podcasts while I run. My biggest problem is getting it away from my daughter, who wants to trade it for her old shuffle...B)

Last edited:
I had one of the original HD iPods a few years ago, I think it only held 1GB

5GB for the original, the one that the front face corners were square, and there were buttons around the outside of the wheel. Old-school. :yes:

If I wasn't in the market for a smart phone instead I would have bought one too.

Well then, you need one of these:

gallery8_20070621.png

:yes:

5GB for the original, the one that the front face corners were square, and there were buttons around the outside of the wheel. Old-school. :yes:

gallery8_20070621.png

It's even endorsed by an idiot actor playing a pilot on TV! :)

gallery8_20070621.png

Not yet available in Alaska. AT&T bought out Cellular One up here six months ago, but here it is October and we are still operating under the Cellular One name, with the crappy (and I do mean crappy) Cellular One phone selection. Their idea of a innovative phone lineup is the Blackberry Pearl and the Ipaq 6945 :rolleyes:

Back