I need help for a challenge

JRitt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JRitt
I have been issued a challenge in my Folding@Home team ([H]ardOcp) and I need your help. The challenge is a race see who can produce 100,000 points. Folding@Home is a distributed computing program used to fold proteins in order to find cures for cancer. The program is safe and virus free and runs in the background of your pc. It only uses excess CPU cycles When running any programs such as MSFS that want all of the CPU cycles for max game play the Folding@Home program gives them up. I have been running Folding @Home for a few years on my gaming system and have never seen a drop in my FPS. Points are derived from each small packet completed by a computer and average about 120 points per day per computer core (dual core computers can run 2 packets at once utilizing the full resources from both cores). To win this challenge I need to recruit about 20 people (computer cores) for about 1 month to run the program under my team and user name. If you would like to help me in this challenge and help find a cure for cancer go to http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html and download the XP graphical client (it’s the first one down)into a folder. When you run the setup it will ask for a team name use 33 (that’s [H]ardOcp) and when it ask for a user name use [BRO]Alaskan (my old FPS gaming name). I would appreciate any and all help the aviation community. You can see the results from the following site. http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=1020. If you have any question you can PM me, IM me at rittenberry@gci.net or E-Mail at joe4rittenberry@charter.net

Thanks
Joe Rittenberry :fcross:

There's a Mac, Unix, and Linux version, too.

I guess you don't want our kind to play. *sniff* ;)

No, I would love the mac and linux group to join in. It's just that everybody I deal with on a day to day basis is a Microsoft user so thats what I typed. Sorry if I offended any of the alternative OS users. :(

Back