I met up with my new CFI the other day

Late Bloomer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Late Bloomer
Those who have read my initial post http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46903 know I'm resuming my flight training for my PP.

The weather wasn't cooperating, so we just went over paperwork and talked. I told her some concerns I had. My last instructor would really never give me any feedback, except for saying, "You're doing fine." I told her I needed more than that, and she said that won't be a problem for her.

I also told her that I didn't feel learning to fly was as much fun as I'd hoped it would be; it was more like work. I understand the hard work it takes to achieve anything worthwhile, but shouldn't you be able to have fun as well to make it intersting? She told me she likes to make it fun, and can actually "play" during lessons. She said we'd play games and have contests (spot landing, etc.). She also told me she wouldn't let me give up. Out of all the CFIs I've had over the years, she's the only one who's told me that.

<Comment removed>

I'm hopeful I'll be able to complete my PP this time, though I'm still somewhat apprehensive about it, and I don't know why. :confused:

We were supposed to fly yesterday, but storms prevented us from going. It's supposed to be sunny this weekend, and we're scheduled to go Saturday and Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
thread_is_worthless.jpg

Would this be her?

<Removed the pic for OP>

Last edited:
LB,

I'm enjoying the ribbing about the eye candy, but back to your post; I laid off 20 years before coming back and working through all sorts of challenges before finishing up. During my first lesson after 20 years I told myself I was going to walk away from flying as soon as I got back on the ground. It was a REALLY rough day and I was way rustier than I thought it would be.

As I drove home from the airport I thought well I'll try one more lesson. The worst thing I could have done to myself was walk away forever.

Having eye candy in the plane with you will help, but it sounds like her attitudes will help more. Don't give up no matter what. It will ALL be worth it.

NOW, where's the picture?:D

Would this be her?

Actually, it does look a lot like her. But since I've only seen her a couple times, I can't be sure. Where'd you get that picture?

Don't give up no matter what. It will ALL be worth it.

I'm keeping an open mind about this. We're going today and tomorrow afternoon. Weather: sunny skies both days!

Actually, it does look a lot like her. But since I've only seen her a couple times, I can't be sure. Where'd you get that picture?

<removed for OP>

Last edited:
OK--I don't think she'd appreciate all this talk about her. I feel bad about divulging too much information--perhaps we need to keep comments & pictures, etc. to PMs.

Any way this thread or pics can be deleted?

OK--I don't think she'd appreciate all this talk about her. I feel bad about divulging too much information--perhaps we need to keep comments & pictures, etc. to PMs.

Any way this thread or pics can be deleted?

I removed the image, however it is all publicly available.

Folks can go and edit their posts to pull stuff out.

I'd suggest that perhaps we don't use names or photos of third parties who aren't public figures or members of this community. (and if they ARE members, one should use respect).

Putting up a pic of Ariel Tweto? OK
Putting up a pic of some person you saw at an FBO? Probably not.

Back