I May Have Been The Winner

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
How many of you read Atlantic Flyer - Aviation News ? It's an East Coast publication found at over 800 airports. The May issue had the Editor's Column which lamented his lifelong penchant for bad spelling. After a reader had identified certain errors within the publication the editor/publisher started a monthly contest for readers to identify errors.

Well, I submitted a critique of that very column, it having had a large collection of errors or structure of incorrect use. I concluded my voluminous corrections with, "When do I get my prize? :eek:)))))))))))))))))" That was on May 05.

On June 06 I received an e-mail from the editor/publisher who requested my snail mail address, which I punctually supplied. On June 08 I received via snail mail a package, the contents of which was a Wide Screen Edition, DVD, of Flight of the Phoenix ("includes 15 minutes of exclusive footage never shown in theaters)."

It'll be interesting to see, probably in the July issue, if I am the Gold, Silver, or Bronze winner; or just a PITA reader who took the challenge, had some fun with it, and have received a reward(Thanks, Richard). Oh, and the cover letter stated, "Thanks and congradulations; other comments are welcome." Do ya s'pose I should tell him the congrats. are misspelled?

HR

Lawreston said:
How many of you read Atlantic Flyer - Aviation News ? It's an East Coast publication found at over 800 airports. The May issue had the Editor's Column which lamented his lifelong penchant for bad spelling. After a reader had identified certain errors within the publication the editor/publisher started a monthly contest for readers to identify errors.

Well, I submitted a critique of that very column, it having had a large collection of errors or structure of incorrect use. I concluded my voluminous corrections with, "When do I get my prize? :eek:)))))))))))))))))" That was on May 05.

On June 06 I received an e-mail from the editor/publisher who requested my snail mail address, which I punctually supplied. On June 08 I received via snail mail a package, the contents of which was a Wide Screen Edition, DVD, of Flight of the Phoenix ("includes 15 minutes of exclusive footage never shown in theaters)."

It'll be interesting to see, probably in the July issue, if I am the Gold, Silver, or Bronze winner; or just a PITA reader who took the challenge, had some fun with it, and have received a reward(Thanks, Richard). Oh, and the cover letter stated, "Thanks and congradulations; other comments are welcome." Do ya s'pose I should tell him the congrats. are misspelled?

HR

Let us know what you think of the movie, I've heard 'not that great' from pilots but, what do they know about movies ? I'm debating myself whether to go see it or continue surfing through >358 channels of movies from my couch until it shows up right here.

It's not that good, but I'd say worth seeing (available on DVD at your corner store). Afterall, was the original really that good? I've not seen it in maybe 30 years, not really sure..... but I found it in the checkout recently on DVD for $10, and I figured a classic aviation film for cheap, I gotta buy it. Sometime soon, I need to watch it!

Favorite scene in the new one, the checlist as "the two Bill's" (Clinton and Cosby). Pretty cool B) . I amuse easily :D

Lawreston said:
Oh, and the cover letter stated, "Thanks and congradulations; other comments are welcome." Do ya s'pose I should tell him the congrats. are misspelled?HR

You bet! That one won't even get through spell check.

-Skip

Lawreston said:
the editor/publisher started a monthly contest for readers to identify errors.
Oh, and the cover letter stated, "Thanks and congradulations; other comments are welcome." Do ya s'pose I should tell him the congrats. are misspelled?

Absolutely!
It's his contest and he's begging for more comments. If he can't spell, nail him to the wall with his own rules.

Why not? You might get another prize out of it!!!! "Congradulations," Jerry!!! I can't wait to get in on the next contest--I'm gonna give you a run for yer money!!

Dave Krall CFII said:
Let us know what you think of the movie, I've heard 'not that great' from pilots but, what do they know about movies ? I'm debating myself whether to go see it or continue surfing through >358 channels of movies from my couch until it shows up right here.

Wait till it hits your TV. It was barely worth renting, and I have Movie Pass.

Lawreston said:
the contents of which was a Wide Screen Edition, DVD, of Flight of the Phoenix ("includes 15 minutes of exclusive footage never shown in theaters)."

Harley,

Original or remake?

The original is a great movie.

The remake is a good movie if you don't try to compare it to the original.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Harley,

Original or remake?

Len
I thought the remake was better than the original, but just barely. They really are the same movie.

Ken Ibold said:
I thought the remake was better than the original, but just barely. They really are the same movie.

Aahhhh! A sacrilege worse than saying you don't belive in God. I expect you, at any minute, will say that The Great Escape, Rocky or Top Gun were not great movies. :<)

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Harley,

Original or remake?

Len

The remake, with Dennis Quaid.

Back