I love it when a plan comes together

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
So my Mooney goes into the avionics shop today to get some upgrades done - my annual is due at the 1st of feb. I called the service center doing the annual, and called the avionics shop and they agreed that the service center can do the annual while I'm getting the avionics work done. Less airplane downtime makes me happy.

So my Mooney goes into the avionics shop today to get some upgrades done - my annual is due at the 1st of feb. I called the service center doing the annual, and called the avionics shop and they agreed that the service center can do the annual while I'm getting the avionics work done. Less airplane downtime makes me happy.
From my personal lessons learned.....make sure you stay engaged/keep on them. When there are two shops involved I have seen alot of added down time while one shop points the finger at the other and says 'we were waiting for them to finish what they were doing and let us know...'

Thankfully they are doing work on different parts of the airplane so they should be able to stay out of each others way.

Dave, I have had about 17 annuals performed and a couple of avionics upgrades and I would tell you that your chances of getting your plane on Feb 1 and being able to fly it on Feb 1 are about as good as a snow balls lasting in hell.

Sorry but realistic.

Dave, I have had about 17 annuals performed and a couple of avionics upgrades and I would tell you that your chances of getting your plane on Feb 1 and being able to fly it on Feb 1 are about as good as a snow balls lasting in hell.

Sorry but realistic.

The goal is feb 8th, feb 1st is just the date the annual is due.

OK move the snowball to Haiti. :D

The avionics is what's gonna take long, but they had all the old stuff taken out by noon today and it looks like they're making good progress.

The avionics is what's gonna take long, but they had all the old stuff taken out by noon today and it looks like they're making good progress.

Young and optimistic! Enjoy it while you can. Once you are jaded you can never go back.

Back