I Lost My Friend Today

I'm very sorry, Greg. Losing a pet...no, a friend like that seems to hit me so much harder than a person, sad to say. No matter our mood, how bad the day has been or what foreboding stuff is on our horizon, they love us with all of their heart and soul. The pure joy at the greeting I receive every evening as I arrive home is enough to wipe the crud of the day off my mind.

My condolences. :(

ggroves said:
I lost my friend today. Cancer of the liver and spleen. She was 8 1/2 years old and the best dog on the planet. She loved to fly, she loved to play, and she loved me. I miss her...

Sorry to hear it, I still miss several of my previous pets, my little skunk probably most of all. They just love you with none of the attitude.

Henning said:
Sorry to hear it, I still miss several of my previous pets, my little skunk probably most of all. They just love you with none of the attitude.

Hennig, sometimes you can be a real stinker... ;)

Greg, sorry to hear that :( Pets can be best friends and family members.

ggroves said:
I lost my friend today. Cancer of the liver and spleen. She was 8 1/2 years old and the best dog on the planet. She loved to fly, she loved to play, and she loved me. I miss her...
Greg, I'm so sorry to hear about your good friend, you must be feeling an empty place in your heart now that she's gone. :( That kind of unconditional love from a pet is so hard to come by.

Last year I lost my kitty (she had a special place in my heart for 17 years). What made it easier for us was having the vet come out to the farm so that she could die at home. He was so sweet to do that for us.

My condolences, Greg. In spite of having one or two dogs around the house for most of my life, it's always tough when you lose one. Generally, I think I prefer dogs to people...

Greg,

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know you will miss her.

Such a sweet looking dog Greg, sorry for your loss.
May you be comforted by memories of the years of happiness which you shared.
Dave

oh Greg, I'm so sorry. I can imagine how you must feel. Pets become such a part of their lives, they are like our children. They are always there for you, never judgmental, and always so happy just to be with you no matter where you are or what you do.

She looks like such a friendly happy dog. I'm really sorry. :(

Very sorry to hear that. Dogs are so fun to have around, and a lot smarter than a lot of people I know.

Greg;
My condolences on the passing of your friend. I know how it feels. Some of my best friends are 4 legged.

Sorry to hear that Greg. I can't imagine what I'll be like when Mauser, or German Shorthaired Pointer goes. He's one of the family. We are dogsitting for our neighbors who are away for two weeks in England, so we have two dogs. Ours and a Newfie named Jade. Our neighbors come back in a few days and my wife is already crying that we will be "losing" Jade. She's a sweety.

Thanks for everyone's words of comfort. Pets really are a tremendous blessing in our lives. Make sure you give yours a hug every day while you can.

Greg

ggroves said:
Thanks for everyone's words of comfort. Pets really are a tremendous blessing in our lives. Make sure you give yours a hug every day while you can.

Greg

I do, I do--both of them. Sorry for your loss. Judy

Back