I live in a different country now

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I hadda make a quick stop at Starbucks to get another pound of coffee beans. (Cut me slack. My new coffee maker uses more coffee and I haven't had time to seek out Caribou and others.)

As I pulled in there was a Chevy compact with flashers on and hood up on the busy main drag up partly blocking the driveway. I was able to drive around it.

Once inside Starbucks I heard the lady inside using their phone to call for help. Amusingly, the phone rang and she went to hand it back to the crew but then she just answered, "Starbucks!" It was her husband and she told him where she was.

As I left I was thinking I should make sure she she had help coming. A young guy is driving by the door slowly in a pickup and says to me, "Excuse me. Do you know where the owner of that car is?" As a city kid, I figure to myself, "Why? So you can put the arm on her to pay you for a jump or a tow?" I said, "She's inside." He said he wanted to offer to push her car in off of the road. So I went back in and told her she had some volunteers to push the car to safety. I asked if she had help coming. Her husband was coming.

She got in (and the car started. It looked like is was the transmission like she said and not that she had run it out of gas like hubby said) and we pushed her car in to the lot. The young guy asked her if she had help on the way. He had BTW, driven in simply to offer help.

In duh city the young guy would just have wanted to know if the owner was close enough to see and chase him.

Last edited:
Strip Mall country, where every 5 miles the scenery repeats itself.

Nah. There are lotsa lakes in between.

If there were strip malls I wouldn't have to drive 7 miles to get to Costco.

Back