I left the SZ, now this

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
You know, I had to leave the spin zone for awhile, because it had become a place where people wanted to insist that their balls were bigger than yours.

Then yesterday, I make an incredibly non-incendiary post essentially about how well I thought a particular aircraft performs. Again, it became a test of whose genitals were larger.

So, what happened to POA? Is this now Pituitaries of America?

What post was it?

Bear in mind, Ben, that the posts of a few participants do not represent a sea change in the community; they just stand out in stark relief.

If someone does something ugly, bad post it. The MC cares!

What post was it?

Bear in mind, Ben, that the posts of a few participants do not represent a sea change in the community; they just stand out in stark relief.

If someone does something ugly, bad post it. The MC cares!

Nothing ugly.

I'm not leaving, BTW. This is the best aviation webboard on the net, and I know it.

I've just noticed that it in the past year or so, some people have decided that they would like to use POA for chest-beating and self aggrandizement.

Nothing ugly.

I'm not leaving, BTW. This is the best aviation webboard on the net, and I know it.

I've just noticed that it in the past year or so, some people have decided that they would like to use POA for chest-beating and self aggrandizement.

So true. I'd try it myself, if I could think of a viable excuse... :D

Nothing ugly.

You got a problem with that? :mad:

;)

Come on Ben, lighten up. People are people.

For what it's worth, it happens on some of the other forums I'm on as well. Different forums, different technology/machine discussions, same chest-thumping/always-right/demoralizing/mine's-bigger-than-yours trolls that ruin it for the majority. Try not to let it get under your skin.

Realize too, that hiding behind a keyboard and flatscreen over the internet causes delusions of grandeur, halluciniations of the Six Million Dollar Man syndrome (better, stronger, faster than anyone else), and the false self-perception of increased confidence, muscles, intelligence, and experience that often does not come CLOSE to their perceived levels in real life. :rofl:

Just sayin...

Maybe grow a pair?

Just sayin...

:D

Cirri ARE good in crosswinds because they are landed in a relatively flat pitch attitude and therefore at a higher speed. That being said, the amateurish nature of the pilots who lose control in the runway setting are excessively penalized by the absence of fuel-fire resistance.

Ben you just have to ignore them. Cirrus is a great plane- just unforgiving. If I'm going to be that good, I'm going to fly a twin.

For what it's worth, it happens on some of the other forums I'm on as well. Different forums, different technology/machine discussions, same chest-thumping/always-right/demoralizing/mine's-bigger-than-yours trolls that ruin it for the majority. Try not to let it get under your skin.

Realize too, that hiding behind a keyboard and flatscreen over the internet causes delusions of grandeur, halluciniations of the Six Million Dollar Man syndrome (better, stronger, faster than anyone else), and the false self-perception of increased confidence, muscles, intelligence, and experience that often does not come CLOSE to their perceived levels in real life. :rofl:

Just sayin...

Whenever the $6M Man syndrome appears around here, I just remember this cartoon.

Attachments

• idog.jpg
    idog.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 111
The thing that irks most of the personalities you refer to is that people here won't just come out and say for the record that they are the world's greatest pilot. I mean, everyone knows I am. :D

You may be a better pilot, but I am highly superior when it comes to swashbucekling

sea1.jpg

When I read comments like this I always thank god my CFI was a woman. I never had to butt heads with her and we never got into a ****ing match about anything. It was a clean and very relaxed learning environment.

She had this odd curse though that every time you got into a plane with her something broke so it was a great learning experience. lol.

Nothing ugly.

True, but we're learning how to deal with steingar. :D:rofl:

Miss ya, Ben!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Ron Wanttaja

Back