I know why Tony likes gliding in KS

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Geesh some wild thermals. Coming in from the north into KOJC this afternoon I was at engine idle, nose pointed almost 10 degrees down and was climbing at 300 feet per minute.

That would be fun in a glider, PITA when coming in for a landing. Took a half minute to a minute and then I was out of the lift and back to regular flying. YOWSA!

Hey, Scott. Welcome back to town.

Yeah, OJC has some interesting behaviors on days like this - coming in on R18 you get a kick in the pants when you cross the 4-lane just before the threshold, and coming in on R36 the bottom drops out just as you get to the threshold because of the dip in the topography. And it's HOT!!!

Hey, Scott. Welcome back to town.

Yeah, OJC has some interesting behaviors on days like this - coming in on R18 you get a kick in the pants when you cross the 4-lane just before the threshold, and coming in on R36 the bottom drops out just as you get to the threshold because of the dip in the topography. And it's HOT!!!
I was coming into R18, you ain't kidding.

I was gonna fly in tomorrow in the am, but I have to head home in the evening and that just seemed like too long of a day. Especially when there is fine sushi at the RA on the ground floor of the hotel.

"Toto, this does not look like Kansas anymore."

yea and the further south and west you go the better it gets.

we've had many 600+km flights here this year. i guess 31 (and counting) days of 100+ will make for a good soaring season

Back