I hooked one yesterday!!

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
I have been promising my doctor neighbor I would take him flying for a while now. I called him Friday evening and asked him to go and he jumped at it.
He had expressed interest in learning to fly, soooo... I set the hook. During my preflight he asked what specifically I checked so I made it into an impromptu lesson(un-loggable of course). Went through the whole thing with him showing what to look for line by line down the check list. Jumped in (gave him left seat) and went through the start procedure with him. I taxied out of the hanger area and let him take us to the runup area. I went ahead and did the take-off and gave it back to him as soon as we were clear of the airport area. Did a little instructing on basic manuevers (turns, climbs, descents, straight and level) on our way to the required flyover of his house. All in all he flew for about an hour, and had a blast and did a good job and asked a lot of questions. He told me to call him when my CFI checkride is done and he and his wife both want to start lessons. Cool, a two for one.
It was good practice for me for my upcoming checkride as well, I too learned a lot.
Don

AWESOME!!!!! Now when he gets his PPL maybe he will become an AME and can give you a "free" flt physical.

Back