I herd, deer! That's plane dumb. Just plane gone.

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Iowa man faces prison for using plane to herd deer

A Dysart man faces up to one year in prison for harassing deer with an aircraft.

Steven Risse, 59, was convicted of the federal offense last week and must forfeit his powered parachute airplane.

Risse and Harry Moeller, 59, of Buckingham, were accused of flying airplanes in December 2004 to herd whitetail deer toward hunters on the ground in Benton County -- a practice prohibited under state and federal laws.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/NEWS/70606003/1001/NEWS

Hey! How was he supposed to know his nephew was there with a gun?

Did you read the comments that follow?

Discussion of whether it's OK to shoot at aircraft flying overhead while you are hunting.

I have the potential right to shoot at anyone who is intentionally disturbing a hunt. This goes for people, vehicles, whatever. Of course I wouldn't typically resort to such drastic measures, but there are some legal protections there in case things happen. I didn't say that I would shoot at an aircraft just because it was over where I was hunting.

Discussion that it's better to have a powered parachute herd deer toward your gun than to let overpopulated deer starve.

Yes, save the animal from being shot so all the other animals around there get to starve. What a sight that is to see. Horrible actually.

How is that NOT Wisconsin? Sounds exactly like something that would happen up there around deer season. ;)

A guy I worked with up in Wisconsin was a big deer hunter. He started going to 'his stand' in July to lay grain trails to get the deer to hang out by his stand. The last time I talked to him though he was nursing a broken leg and arm from falling our of his stand drunk. Lots of drinking involved with firearms and hunting up north :)

How is that NOT Wisconsin? Sounds exactly like something that would happen up there around deer season. ;)

A guy I worked with up in Wisconsin was a big deer hunter. He started going to 'his stand' in July to lay grain trails to get the deer to hang out by his stand. The last time I talked to him though he was nursing a broken leg and arm from falling our of his stand drunk. Lots of drinking involved with firearms and hunting up north :)

Steve Dahl, the guy who first called them cheese heads, laughs that when you see the crowd at Lambeau in a Green Bay game all you see is orange in a field of camo because they're all wearing hunting jackets and caps.

Being from the area, I can tell you that deer hunting up here is usually more about the drinking than the hunting.

Being from the area, I can tell you that deer hunting up here is usually more about the drinking than the hunting.
The was a store that up nort past Milwaukee, ya hey, that had a sign that I love!!!

"Guns, Ammo, Liquor, Adult movies" All your hunting needs!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Discussion of whether it's OK to shoot at aircraft flying overhead while you are hunting.
When I did mapping in CO I was cautioned about hunters possibly shooting at us. Dunno what I was supposed to do about it though. :dunno:

return fire, Mari ... and I object to the term "hunter" ... not a slam against you - rather, against those so called slobs in the woods who do stupid acts that give us law-abiding, careful, respectful hunters a bad name ... goes along with one of my major pet peeves in the woods this time of year.

"YOUR MOTHER DOES NOT WORK OUT HERE IN THE WOODS!!! PICK UP YOUR DAMN TRASH!!!!!! IF YOU CAN PACK IT IN, YOU CAN PACK IT OUT!!!!"

I end up hauling multiple packs full of trash out of the woods every season. Makes me mad enough to say bad and inappropriate words, and even call these worthless slobs disrespectful names.

Back