I hate to ask...(Gaston's)

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...but it's like filing direct. You don't get if you don't ask.

If I bring my logbook down, can I get a signature in the back for a tailwheel or high-performance or both?

:no: is an acceptable answer. :yes: is preferable however. :rofl:

well since im not bringing a high performance or tailwheel airplane, id probably not be able to do it for you. if you can find someone crazy enough to let us use theirs, and i have enough time, and you are good enough ;) then ill sign you off.

N2212R said:
If I bring my logbook down, can I get a signature in the back for a tailwheel or high-performance or both?

I'm with Ed.
If there is any possibility for a high performance endorsement...I'd pay fuel.

I hope to bring my high performance taildragger there, but sorry guys, my insurance has no open pilot coverage so I can't let anyone give instruction in it -- except to me.

jangell said:
I'm with Ed.

I'll have the 182, but I'm not a CFI so the only way you can use it is to join the club. :D

Jesse, I thought you already had HP?

I'd be up for a tailwheel signoff, but if I can't get it there I'll try to squeeze it in at KCAD after Ed's Excellent Airport Party and my seaplane rating. :yes:

jangell said:
I'm with Ed.

*cough* If you take an instructor I think the risk is on me.
...or did you want a retractable?

Michael said:
I can get you your grass endorsment Ed.

LOL, no need. I landed up at 6Y9 this weekend. It is officially ours, but not officially open to the public yet. I landed not long after the grass was cut, and my wheel pants and wings are diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirty.

flyingcheesehead said:
Jesse, I thought you already had HP?
Long story. I have my tailwheel and complex endorsements. The high performance I did get with a CFI in a C182 but was stupid and didn't have my logbook with me that day. I was supposed to meet up with him to have him sign it but I put it off...and next thing I hear is he moved for an airline job.

So if I can track him down..and hand him my logbook I do...But I'm not about to send it in the mail.

Last edited:
jangell said:
Long story. I have my tailwheel and complex endorsements. The high performance I did get with a CFI in a C182 but was stupid and didn't have my logbook with me that day. I was supposed to meet up with him to have him sign it but I put it off...and next thing I hear is he moved for an airline job.

So if I can track him down..and hand him my logbook I do...But I'm not about to send it in the mail.

Have him put it on a sticker and send to you. I've got stickers in all my logbooks - pilot, engine, aircraft.

N2212R said:
Have him put it on a sticker and send to you. I've got stickers in all my logbooks - pilot, engine, aircraft.

Why didn't I think of that...

...but it's like filing direct. You don't get if you don't ask.

I guess you can use my 182 for the high performance one. Lets see You said you would pay for the fuel. 1215 miles 145 mi/hr= 8.3 hours x 12 gal / hour = 96 gal. x 2 = 192 x $4.50/gal. = $864. I'll start planning my trip as soon as I hear from you. Bob:D

Wow, talk about thread Necromancy.

As it is Bob, I have long since gotten both my complex, and high performance endorsements. Sort of *necessary to have them both to fly the comanche

* yeah yeah yeah - some old fart with a penchant for being anal retentive of tbe various FAR rewrites will chime with, "back in '26 we didn't need the endorsements!"

Wow, talk about thread Necromancy.

As it is Bob, I have long since gotten both my complex, and high performance endorsements. Sort of *necessary to have them both to fly the comanche

* yeah yeah yeah - some old fart with a penchant for being anal retentive of tbe various FAR rewrites will chime with, "back in '26 we didn't need the endorsements!"

Well, back in the old days, when I was a student, you sure didn't need a so called "tailwheel endorsement" to fly an airplane with conventional gear.:goofy:

I was lucky that I learned to fly in a Cessna 170 and after 835 hours in it I then switched to a 182. So I was grandfathered in. However it was in 1980 and not 26.:D

No wonder you are both so smart, don't worry eventually you will get over it.:D

hell my mom hadn't even graduated high school in 1980. My dad was 19. Ed is old, Bob is really really old :)

I hope to bring my high performance taildragger there, but sorry guys, my insurance has no open pilot coverage so I can't let anyone give instruction in it -- except to me.

Same with mine.

hell my mom hadn't even graduated high school in 1980. My dad was 19. Ed is old, Bob is really really old :)

Thanks, Tony, but you don't have to remind me I can tell when I am getting out of bed in the morning, trying to push the hangar doors open or shut, or pushing that old lawn mower around the lawn. Yes, I am old, but I haven't grown up yet. I can't,as I have too much flying to do yet. I go in for my reup on my flight med in July and that is a scary time of year for me. You young guys take care of your selves and your health so you can fly a long time. I have only been flying for 29 years and I haven't got it out of my system as yet. I hope I have a few years left. :smile:

Well, back in the old days, when I was a student, you sure didn't need a so called "tailwheel endorsement" to fly an airplane with conventional gear.:goofy:

I was lucky that I learned to fly in a Cessna 170 and after 835 hours in it I then switched to a 182. So I was grandfathered in. However it was in 1980 and not 26.:D

I was only 6 in 1980. :)

I was only -7.

I was still being produced in my daddy in 1980.

Conceived sometime in March of 1981.

You're old, Ed.

In 1980, my oldest son was 10.

I appreciate all the celebration and discussion of 1980 - my birth year :cheerswine:

The first year me and my wife were alone with no children in the house. The youngest was off to college. Having graduated HS in 1979. The oldest was married and the middle boy was in the Navy. I was getting my pilots license at last. I had waited for 20 years.
Bob

Back