I had fun tonight

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
As some of you know, the Aerobat is back from its overhaul and back online after what seemed like a long 6 months. Went out this evening and took it for a cruise and she purred like a kitten. Took it up to 3,500’ and flew around the river gorge on the Tennessee River down to a little airport not far from here that’s surrounded by a beautiful landscape (KAPT). As I was about 5 miles to the NE I dropped down to 2,000’ and followed the river out over a lagoon by the highway. The setting sun and smooth air made for some incredible ‘low and slow’ flying. I made a full stop landing at APT, taxied back and then took to the sky to head home and landed right at last light. This was living life!

No photos unfortunately as I was too busy taking in the views and flying the airplane.

Thought I’d share.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! It’s an Aerobat, but I see no mention of going upside down??????? :)

Yeah, I’ve been doing some flying in my Mooney after a long maintenance induced hiatus. The scenery is nothing to crow about, but just getting up in the air has been really nice. Just shaking off rust so far.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! It’s an Aerobat, but I see no mention of going upside down??????? :)
It’s coming, it’s coming. I’d like to do a refresher on my upset/unusual attitude training. It’s been awhile since I did any kind of basic acro!

Ahh the aerobat... some Cessna engineer saw a Pitts one day and said that looks awesome and made a list of things that made the ideal aerobatic aircraft. Then proceeded to do absolutely nothing on that list.

It’s coming, it’s coming. I’d like to do a refresher on my upset/unusual attitude training. It’s been awhile since I did any kind of basic acro!

Just pull up and throw the stick to the side and see what happens! Maybe do a few snap rolls :p

As some of you know, the Aerobat is back from its overhaul and back online after what seemed like a long 6 months. Went out this evening and took it for a cruise and she purred like a kitten. Took it up to 3,500’ and flew around the river gorge on the Tennessee River down to a little airport not far from here that’s surrounded by a beautiful landscape (KAPT). As I was about 5 miles to the NE I dropped down to 2,000’ and followed the river out over a lagoon by the highway. The setting sun and smooth air made for some incredible ‘low and slow’ flying. I made a full stop landing at APT, taxied back and then took to the sky to head home and landed right at last light. This was living life!

No photos unfortunately as I was too busy taking in the views and flying the airplane.

Thought I’d share.

That's what it's all about.

Back