I guess a new flying a documentary/training film in the works...

Looking forward to seeing how this project turns out.

I am much the same as the subject the video. Took off thirty years from flying. Now back into it, flying about once a week, loving it.

Saving GA with old pilot restarts, that is sad.

Old pilots coming back,won't save GA. We need new student starts. Old pilots coming back shows it is addictive,if your struck by the flying bug.

Saving GA with old pilot restarts, that is sad.

We need to do both. Get new pilots into aviation and get lapsed pilots back into aviation.

There's nothing sad about getting lapsed pilots back into aviation. I think it's exciting.

I'm surprised they put the percentage of lapsed pilots at 46%. I would have guessed it to be a lot higher. One day out of curiosity I searched the pilot database for pilots I had known in the far past. Very few had anything even close to a current medical. Some had their last medical back in the 1980s which would have been only a short time after I knew them.

This is from the guy in Ocala Florida. They have plenty of useful YouTube videos. I particularly enjoyed the one about communications when departing a Class B airport.

I love the energy and enthusiasm but I'm not a fan of the part where he flies the steep turns with the trim wheel.

I love the energy and enthusiasm but I'm not a fan of the part where he flies the steep turns with the trim wheel.

I've always flown steep turns with the trim wheel. I've witnessed 3 different instructors do the same.

I've always flown steep turns with the trim wheel. I've witnessed 3 different instructors do the same.

Mechanically? As in "bank 45*' 3 turns of the trim wheel and I'm set"? I don't have an issue with using trim to reduce control forces, I do have an issue with a "formula" for twists of the trim wheel. I think it's teaching to the test (I.e. 45* turns) vs learning how to control the airplane in a variety of configurations and attitudes.

P.S. great airplane choice! :D

I'm surprised they put the percentage of lapsed pilots at 46%. I would have guessed it to be a lot higher. One day out of curiosity I searched the pilot database for pilots I had known in the far past. Very few had anything even close to a current medical. Some had their last medical back in the 1980s which would have been only a short time after I knew them.

I would say that 80% of the people I started flying with are no longer flying. The really sad one is that nobody I went through Ag training with, including the instructor, his son, Leland Snow's son in law Alan, and 5 others are no longer alive.:(

GA needs hot groupie chicks. Without that, no dice on growth.

Did they all die in Ag flying accidents?

Nice video. I think it might help in getting new people interested too.

Back