I gotta ask why: Pantyhose for men

OH KENT!!!

Truck driver tells about wearing pantyhose on long trips

I'm a 32 year old, happily married father of two who is quite confident in my male gender identity, that has been wearing hose for the last couple months
truckdriver.jpg

I am an over-the-road truck driver and spend 11+ hours behind the wheel every day. As a result my calves and ankles would swell up and ache badly, and my circulation was poor enough that a small injury to my shin turned in to venous ulcer that refused to fully heal for almost 18 months.

http://www.e-mancipate.net/articles/truck_driver_wears_pantyhose.html

I wore pantyhose back when I played football as a kid. It helped on those really cold days in Colorado. It felt nice in the summer.

(3 sentences...one was a joke)

Just last night I was telling my girlfriend about all of the cool talks I've had with pilots I've found hanging out in their hangars- this subject was definitely not included in any of those

I recall Joe Namath wore something like pantyhose, to help protect his bad legs, when he played for the Jets, but don't really remember the details.
I feel like he posed on the cover of a magazine wearing them, one time.
I did find THIS:
Joe Namath, Beautymist pantyhose

82E8184A8DA8661FDFE8C6E2775CA.jpg

AP Photo
New York Jets quarterback Joe Namath (12) drops back to pass in Super Bowl III, Jan.12, 1969 in Miami, Fl.

By today's standards, Joe "Willie" Namath was playing for next-to-nothing during the 1974 season. His $300,000 salary would amount to a little more than $1.3 million in 2010, a remarkably low annual income for one of the most popular quarterbacks in the NFL. So who could blame the New York Jets QB for moving to make a little extra cash on the side? Well, blue-collar fans of the green and white couldn't have been too thrilled to see Namath in an ad for Beautymist pantyhose, in which the Hall of Famer is seen wearing the undergarment. "This commercial will prove to the women of America that Beautymist pantyhose can make any legs look like a million dollars," a woman says as the camera pans up a pair of legs — which appear to belong to a woman — to reveal they are actually those of the 31-year-old Jet.
http://money.ca.msn.com/savings-debt/gallery/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=23569763&page=6

I can't speak specifically to pantyhose, but I will say that my various tights and unitards are the most comfortable clothing I own. If I could wear tights as everyday clothing, I would.
As Ned Flanders says: "It's like wearing nothing at all...!"

:D

Let me count the number of times I've worn pantyhose:

1 - Rocky Horror Picture Show (Hello, I'm Frankenfurter)
2 - US Coast Guard - At one point I was in and out of a very tight wet suit layered under a dry suit several times a day. Panty hose and complete depilation made that a lot easier. You never saw Kevin Costner do THAT in "The Guardian", but for some activities it makes a lot of sense.
3 - Horseback riding. At least at first when I hadn't built up some tolerance, hose stopped chafing under jeans. Some of those british-looking riding pants that look hot on women would have done the job too, but they don't make them in 34/36.

The REI silk long-johns are my preferred cold-weather underlayer, but I bet pantyhose would work as well.

And NO, I won't sing "Sweet Transvestite" at OSH this year.

I'm cancelling plans to attend then as that was the only reason to show up. :D

I never wore pantyhose under my survival suit, as being an officer my manhood was questioned enough. :yesnod:

I have been told that SEALs regularly wore them in Vietnam because you could whip them off and remove all your leeches at once and drop them in the fire. Now thats a survival skill I would have never thought of!!!

The last time I saw someone advertising "pantyhose for men" it had a "third leg" if you get my drift. I don't know if anybody actually attempted to wear the gag gift.

The last time I saw someone advertising "pantyhose for men" it had a "third leg" if you get my drift. I don't know if anybody actually attempted to wear the gag gift.

How am I supposed to get THAT mental image out of my head??

Back