I got a prescription that is unacceptable but never filled it.(MEDICAL)

mrgrimm

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mrgrimm
I am going to try to get my first class medical but I remembered that I got a prescription for modafinil for sleep shift work disorder around 8 years ago but never filled it or used it. Will this affect my chances of getting my medical? Any steps I should take before going in to get my medical?

What did you do with it?
Nothing. I told the doctor that I work red eye shifts and I was super tired when I got home. He then said I have sleep shift work disorder and prescribed me modafinil. I went and looked it up, and realized I didn't want to take it. Never went back to the doctor or filled the prescription and forgot about it until now.

If you havenever filled it, you are OK. If you filled it but haven't taken any, take it back to youe prescribing MD, surrender them. and insist tat he write a record in his notes (your file!) that you have taken none.

-Skip

I am going to try to get my first class medical but I remembered that I got a prescription for modafinil for sleep shift work disorder around 8 years ago but never filled it or used it. Will this affect my chances of getting my medical? Any steps I should take before going in to get my medical?
Take a look at the medxpress form. There's no question that asks about prescriptions you had eight years ago, whether you filled them, took them, dumped them in the toilet, or did nothing. It doesn't even ask about current prescriptions. If you list this in response to the question about medications you are taking it likely will cause problems. So if you're not taking it, don't do that.

You'll have to list the diagnosis, and the AME will likely ask you about it, especially how it resolved.

If you havenever filled it, you are OK. If you filled it but haven't taken any, take it back to youe prescribing MD, surrender them. and insist tat he write a record in his notes (your file!) that you have taken none.
This seems excessive for an eight-year old prescription....

What part of "if you never filled it, you are ok." don't you understand? The rest is admittedly belt and suspenders...

-Skip

Not quite, Lindbergh. He would be required to DOCUMENT that an underlying sleep disorder or a mood disorder disrupting sleep, was not behind the Rx.

Not quite, Lindbergh. He would be required to DOCUMENT that an underlying sleep disorder or a mood disorder disrupting sleep, was not behind the Rx.
No, he wouldn't, because there's no requirement to disclose an eight-year-old prescription.

Back