I got a job!

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
Hey! I got a job! I start tomorrow in Houston flying radio relay for the oil rigs. 172, 10 hrs a day. Jeeeze thats a lot, but who knows how long they'll need the radio relays so I'll take it while I can get it.

I have to drive to Houston tonight :(.

Well, at least it's somethin'.

If I can find computer access down there, I'll be on here and in the chatroom, but who knows how much down time I'll have when I'm not asleep.

Congrats! It's kinda sobering that you got a job from a crisis, but you get to be paid for helping out!

The lubber- 'e tried pumping the bilges to windward once

Yeah, if you're flying that long you're definitely going to be wanting a radio. I'd mail you my Sirius if you weren't starting so soon - but Sirius or XM ought to do the job just fine.

Congrats! Hope that it goes well and is enjoyable for you!

Take and WEAR a PFD at all times. Have a inflato-raft in arms reach. If you ditch, have both doors open already and your belts TIGHT.

Congrats, get a good headset, and lots of Jimmy Buffet on the Ipod.

!

Call me silly, but what does being "radio relay" entail?

Are you going to be relaying communications yourself, or simply flying a 172 carrying repeater gear?

In any event, you will get lots of time in a big hurry!

If I can find computer access down there, I'll be on here and in the chatroom, but who knows how much down time I'll have when I'm not asleep.

Good luck with that. I've got guys down there that are still not able to get electricity, land line or cell phone coverage. I'd be going nuts by now.

OK Yall ready for this!?

I was at dinner w/ my family as a goodbye dinner to both me and my sister (she moves to Spain on sunday), and I got a call from Houston saying "they fixed the Radio Repeaters. We'll call you after the next storm" I guess the work only lasts about a week, and so it's a sudden kind of thing. Good thing they called when they did... 30 min later and I would have been on the road headed for Houston.

maybe next time...

OK Yall ready for this!?

I was at dinner w/ my family as a goodbye dinner to both me and my sister (she moves to Spain on sunday), and I got a call from Houston saying "they fixed the Radio Repeaters. We'll call you after the next storm" I guess the work only lasts about a week, and so it's a sudden kind of thing. Good thing they called when they did... 30 min later and I would have been on the road headed for Houston.

maybe next time...

BUM-AIR :mad:

OK Yall ready for this!?

maybe next time...
Sorry it didn't work out, Allen. At least you hadn't driven down there yet... :(

Back