I goofed...

U

Unregistered

...when I sent in my form 8050-1 after buying a plane recently. I forgot to print my name below my signature. Well the FAA sent it back to me, along with a letter telling me what I need to do and saying that operating an airplane without a valid registration is a violation with civil penalties attached. Okay I corrected it and sent it back today, express mail and certified return receipt. So now... what do/can I do? Just wait for them to process my application? My plane is grounded in the meantime, I can't even use the "pink copy" because there's no way to correct it? (I gather that's about the size of it.) Is there any way to speed the process up?

Not signing my name... this is just too, too embarrassing.

Before you fly the plane again, correct the pink copy with a notation and date of correction. Attach the FAA letter to the form so anybody who inspects the airplane can see what happened. It's a clerical mistake, and not the first one they've ever had.

Woohoo!! As of yesterday, exactly 60 days after purchase, the FAA registry finally shows me as the registered owner. With any luck I'll get the white card sometime this week.

Wayne, I did as you suggested and didn't have any trouble (wasn't ramp checked anyway), but I was getting a little antsy as the 60 day mark passed, since the pink slip is only valid for another 30.

Well, I was pretty relaxed about the situation. But then again, it wasn't my plane or my keister on the line. But I did stay at a HEI last night.

Woohoo!! As of yesterday, exactly 60 days after purchase, the FAA registry finally shows me as the registered owner. With any luck I'll get the white card sometime this week.

Wayne, I did as you suggested and didn't have any trouble (wasn't ramp checked anyway), but I was getting a little antsy as the 60 day mark passed, since the pink slip is only valid for another 30.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back