I Gombe Broke, Maybe

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
The Skyhawk came through her Annual nicely. Some oil, new plugs, the close examination = some $700+. Add to that the $605(Labor and freight) New England Propeller overhaul and balance -- beautiful -- minus the trade value on the removed Garmin 296. No complaints. But:

Now the plane is in New Hampshire for the 24 month Transponder check ------
and installation of Garmin GNS 430W. Ouch - 20 times the cost of the Annual.
Hopefully, the ancient AT-50A transponder will pass muster. That pretty digital transponder I was shown -- only if it should be needed -- could rack up another couple thou$and. (Maybe I should go back to bowling)

HR

Now the plane is in New Hampshire for the 24 month Transponder check ------ and installation of Garmin GNS 430W. Ouch - 20 times the cost of the Annual.
The GNS430W is an outstanding box. I love mine, and I'm not even using the IFR capabilities. I will recommend the King course on it: it really laid things out logically.

As for being broke, I can only quote Bax: "What's it take to own an airplane? Everything you've got."

I'm looking forward to having the 430W. It'll be the #1 Nav/Com; the present MK-12DPlus(has glide slope) shall become Nav/Com #2; and the also-present(and original) MK-12D is being traded in toward the package.

HR

Back