I can just feel the love.....

poadeleted1

Deleted by request
This was sent to me by an old friend who thought that when he told me of his "life choice", I would turn away from him. Fooled him. A friend is a friend until they do something to hurt me. His choices are his choices. But in the reading of the email that he sent me, he sounded genuinely concerned. He said he might have to vote for a Republican to save his life. Imagine that?

I know it's not all muslims, but it's their religious leaders who guide the flock, so to speak. I am scared for my friend and his friends too.:( :( :(

In the midst of sectarian violence that threatens to drag Iraq into civil war, the country's influential Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani has issued a violent death order against gays and lesbians on his Web site, according to London-based LGBT human rights groups OutRage.

Written in Arabic, the fatwa comes from a press conference with the powerful religious cleric, where he was asked about the judgment on sodomy and lesbianism. “Forbidden,” Sistani answered, according to OutRage, “Punished, in fact, killed. The people involved should be killed in the worst, most severe way of killing.
Just imagine hearing this sort of hateful, murderous incitement out of your priest, reverend, or rabbi. You can't imagine it, because you're simply not going to hear it. Christianity and Judaism have made it into the twenty-first century rather than staying cemented in the seventh.

F.W. Birdman said:
Christianity and Judaism have made it into the twenty-first century rather than staying cemented in the seventh.

It's strange that you should post this today Kevin. I just got this link sent to me by a friend. It's a very interesting video worth a look see. It's in Arabic, but it is subtitled in English. This female Arabic pychologist give a cleric whatfor.

http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

F.W. Birdman said:
Written in Arabic, the fatwa comes from a press conference with the powerful religious cleric, where he was asked about the judgment on sodomy and lesbianism. “Forbidden,” Sistani answered, according to OutRage, “Punished, in fact, killed. The people involved should be killed in the worst, most severe way of killing.
Ahhh, how soon we forget that they are the self-proclaimed religion of "Peace" ...

What's kind of ironic is that if you read the so-called "Arabian Nights" (I've never made it through all four volumes of the set I have), there's all kinds of tales involving man-boy stuff, and, if I recall correctly (been a real long time) there's some man-man stuff as well...

Frank Browne said:
It's strange that you should post this today Kevin. I just got this link sent to me by a friend. It's a very interesting video worth a look see. It's in Arabic, but it is subtitled in English. This female Arabic pychologist give a cleric whatfor.

http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

That woman has some serious stones. No doubt there is a fatwah of the highest order on her. She is a muslim (or at least arab or woman of middle eastern descent) to be admired, for sure. The ones like that need to be helped to speak out, and protected when they do.

F.W. Birdman said:

Just imagine hearing this sort of hateful, murderous incitement out of your priest, reverend, or rabbi. You can't imagine it, because you're simply not going to hear it. Christianity and Judaism have made it into the twenty-first century rather than staying cemented in the seventh.

Well, not out of mine. But a few might...

"Last year, a Christian radio talk-show host in Costa Mesa, California said, 'Lesbian love, sodomy are viewed by God as being detestable and abominable. Civil magistrates are to put people to death who practice these things.' The announcer urged listeners to contact legislators and ask that they enact capital punishment for homosexuality. The station manager called the program 'an honest dialogue concerning Christian beliefs'."

Rev. Swaggart: ""I get amazed.. These politicians dancing around this, dancing around this, I'm trying to find a correct name for it... this utter, absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry!
And I'm going to be blunt and plain, if one ever looks at me like that I'm going to kill him and tell God he died!"

And then there is good 'ole Rev. Phelps. When he isn't busy picketing soldiers funerals, he is happy to preach advocacy for the immediate death of all those poor gay sinners cluttering up America.

Sigh.

To quote FZ on the subject of Rev Swaggart:

My name is Swaggart, I am an ****ole, all my friends, they call me Jim (Hi, Jim").
I go on tv, I make lots of money, but I fugged up, and committed... a sin.

It just amazes me how much hate is spoken in the name of religion. Not just from the Muslims but from some Christians as well. My biggest problem with the Republican party is their connection and seeming obligation to the religious right wing. Isn't it curious that the only time Gay issues are a big deal is during election years? No matter what it's called it's hate speech and it's aimed at one class of people that, in this day and age and in the minds of some people, it's still ok to harass, bash, beat to death and descriminate against.

Gay people don't choose to be gay any more than people choose the color of their skin or their ethnic heritage. Descrimination is just plain wrong no matter what group of people it's aimed against. And don't even get me started on the way many of the Muslim's treat their women. :no: :mad:

I really like that video clip but I fear for her safety. Remembering Salmon Rushdie.

Jeannie

It is truly sad that most religious leaders (Muslim and Christians) are so narrow minded and afraid that there way of life is in jeopardy, so they make some other group their escape goat to hide their own short comings and sins. It just proves how corrupt a person can be when it comes to his/her religion and sins.

I lived and work in the world’s largest Muslim country for 8 years. This is a wonderful religion that has the utmost respect for ALL individuals, straights, guys, lesbians, black, white, etc.

It just shows that the bad egg is the one that get the first and most attention. I noticed that there is no report of what the true Muslim religious leaders might have said Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistanistatement.

Are you aware that most wars have been started in the name of God or over a religion?

N8894J said:
It is truly sad that most religious leaders (Muslim and Christians) are so narrow minded and afraid that there way of life is in jeopardy, so they make some other group their escape goat to hide their own short comings and sins. It just proves how corrupt a person can be when it comes to his/her religion and sins.
I would disagree strongly that it is "most" religious leaders that are as you discribe them. IMHO it is a very vocal minority that people hear screeching from the TV that cause them to believe they speak for all.
N8894J said:
I lived and work in the world’s largest Muslim country for 8 years. This is a wonderful religion that has the utmost respect for ALL individuals, straights, guys, lesbians, black, white, etc.
Wow! Although I have never been to a Muslim country, from what I know of Islam, and from what I read in newspapers and see on the news, I confess to having some difficulty buying that statement.
N8894J said:
Are you aware that most wars have been started in the name of God or over a religion?
Maybe. But the costliest and bloodiest have been fought for geo-political reasons.

Last edited:
Frank Browne said:
Wow! Although I have never been to a Muslim country, from what I know of Islam, and from what I read in newspapers and see on the news, I confess to having some difficulty buying that statement.

I would say the reason you find that difficult to believe is because all you know about Islam is from what you read and see on the news. Do some research and find out for yourself….the Quran would be a good place to start.

Maybe. But the costliest and bloodiest have been fought for geo-political reasons.

I don't dispute that my friend.

alaskaflyer said:
You're right. And then God is brought into it afterwards :rolleyes:
In my opinion it is not the religion or religious beliefs that are the problem. The problem is with those who pervert the religion to exert control over people for the benefit of thier own agendas.

There are many things that can be used for good or for evil.

Jeannie

I was a republican, but in the old fashioned "lots of liberty for all, and don't waste money trying to fix things that are human nature" style. I do not recognize the republicans any more since the religious conservatives bought the party.

From now on I'm pretty much in a "vote against the incumbent" mode. If enough people do that, the new guys may get the message.

Maverick said:
In my opinion it is not the religion or religious beliefs that are the problem. The problem is with those who pervert the religion to exert control over people for the benefit of thier own agendas.

There are many things that can be used for good or for evil.

Jeannie

Exactly!!

alaskaflyer said:
You're right. And then God is brought into it afterwards :rolleyes:
Isn't it funny that your god is always on your side, in wars and in sporting events. :rolleyes:

Back