I am so hooked

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
A friend of mine took me up in his Citabria this evening.
I had been thinking about getting my t/w endorsement.
I am definately hooked now. I will have to put my IR training on hold to do it, but it may be worth it.

Now in fairness my brother had a Citabria, but that was in the 70's and tonight's flight was so much better than I remember!

:yesnod::yesnod:

A friend of mine took me up in his Citabria this evening.
I had been thinking about getting my t/w endorsement.
I am definately hooked now. I will have to put my IR training on hold to do it, but it may be worth it.

Now in fairness my brother had a Citabria, but that was in the 70's and tonight's flight was so much better than I remember!

:yesnod::yesnod:

I spent all day Sunday in this....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 62
BTW, I was doing this with it....

Take off, climb to 4,000' or so, then make a mad dash back to the grass strip to do it again....18 times on Sunday. Pure fun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 50
That's awesome thanks for sharing.

That's another option is to do some towing. What do you get for each tow? Or Maybe I should say what is usual and customary?

That's awesome thanks for sharing.

That's another option is to do some towing. What do you get for each tow? Or Maybe I should say what is usual and customary?

This is a non-profit club operation so mostly club members take turns volunteering for tow duty. I'm a former member but agreed to help them with a few days of towing this year since some of their long-time tow pilots are giving up powered flight for medical reasons. So my compensation is the goodwill of some old friends....and my SSA membership covered. And the fun of some Super Cub time.

The Citabria I will have access to is a 65hp.
Is that adequate to tow with?

Probably not. Our Super Cub has been upgraded to a 160 hp and that's just adequate. They'd like to upgrade to a Pawnee for better climb performance.

I want to try and get a ride in a Pawnee, seems a great utility plane. Towing, crop dusting etc

I was thinking the 65 might be iffy, especially during the summer in Houston area where DA is almost always over 2,000 ft.

The rear view mirror you had in another post, is it a permanent mount or suction cup?

Back