Humor - Bellanca Viking Driver

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
shamelessly swiped from the Viking chat ...
------------------------------------------------------------
A Viking Pilot from Georgetown Texas walks into a bar in Plainview and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, "I hear you Viking Pilots are a bunch of hard drinkers. I'll give $500 to anybody in here who can drink 20 shots of Tequila back-to-back." The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan's offer. One New Englander even leaves. Thirty minutes later the same New Englander who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. "Is your bet still good?" asks the New Englander.

The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 20 shots of Tequila. Immediately the New Englander tears into all 20 shots drinking them all back-to-back.

The other Plainview patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement.

The Texan gives the New Englander the $500 and says, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?".

The New Englander replies, "Oh...I had to go to the bar down the street to see if I could do it first".
------------------------------------------------------------

smigaldi said:
Viking Pilot??!! He must have been a Swedish Pilot no way a Norweigan Pilot could have done that ;)
Uffda! Dose dere be fight'n words, don'cha know!

gkainz said:
Uffda! Dose dere be fight'n words, don'cha know!

Fighteng words? My gandmother would say that no fjellape colaborator would know about those types of words. :rofl::rofl:

Grandma came from the 'old country' and had some pretty strong opinions about the Norweigans and the finnjavels

Lesseee, the Vikings are known for:
- taking over da nort' woods of Minnesota
- running amok over most of Europe
- sailing trips and sailing vessels beyond current technology
- a great comic strip (Hagar the Horrible)
- and who could forget the "Purple People Eaters"? (who can name them?)

and der Svedes are known for .... uh, pancakes? :rofl:

SKOL!!!!! :cheers:

gkainz said:
Lesseee, the Vikings are known for:
- taking over da nort' woods of Minnesota
- running amok over most of Europe
- sailing trips and sailing vessels beyond current technology
- a great comic strip (Hagar the Horrible)
- and who could forget the "Purple People Eaters"? (who can name them?)

and der Svedes are known for .... uh, pancakes? :rofl:

SKOL!!!!! :cheers:

Well the Vikings were not just Norweigens, they also came form what we now know as Sweden and Denmark. BTW the 'running amok' stuff is pretty over blown to. There is some really cool stuff the Vikings did. I was in Stockholm and the Swedish government sponsered a hospitality dinner at the NAtional Museum. They had a Viking exhibit that should all the artwork, jewelry making and other cultural stuff from the Viking era, they were quite civilized farmers, tradesman, and business men.

Yep - cool stuff! It's kind of funny to think back to my grandparents' conversations when I was a kid in Northern Minnesota. Both sets of grandparents were 1st generation Americans; paternal side from Germany and maternal side from Norway. The funny stuff I remember was the nationalistic pride and corresponding jokes about the ethnic groups - jokes abounded between, among and about the norskies, swedes, poles, finlanders, germans, laplanders, etc ...

Besides, a couple of my best friends are Swedes, and we attend a church founded by the Swedes (neither of which have I admitted to my parents!) B)

Back