How's flying under SD-8G?

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
Seems like no change! Just go out to the plane like I always have done. No badges or training. I asked the FBO people- response was "if you walk past the planes towards the terminal they may take an interest in you".

This is a Class C field with scheduled airline service. The airlines I use have ERJ-145s with 50 seats or CRJ200s. No badges- just stay on our side of the field.

How is it for others?

Our local airport is on the list. The Airport administration has chosen to ingnore the unfunded mandate. The cost to manpower for another position to maintain the records and paperwork under control is prohibitive.

We are only a Part 139 airport and on the list because a local charter company (135) mantains one scheduled part 121 flight per month to maintain his part 121 his certificate.

08G allows the airport management to offer up their own control devices and they feel that is being met by their current processes.

Well, you guys are luckin' out. We have a fair amount of airline traffic from RJ's to DC-9's and A319's, but despite the fact that the airline ramp is a mile away from the GA ramps and there's a bunch of F-16's and three runways in between, we all had to go through security training and get badges. And maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like the ops folks have been on patrol a bit more.

Of course, the TSA is also really harassing our airport management and operations people. Thankfully, Ops is harassing them right back. Our airport HATES the TSA, at least as much as we do!

At least with my fancy-schmancy new badge, I can now open all the gates so I can drive my car onto the ramp if I want. Funny, it's actually easier for me to get to the airline side now...

Back