How would you change? (NA)

RotaryWingBob said:
I didn't know you were into marshal arts, Judy ;)

(My emphasis)

You mean martial arts?

Bad day for both of us. My excuse was that it was about 6 a.m. when I wrote that, and I'd had only one cup of coffee. What's yours?;)

Judy

ausrere said:
Does migrating from one to another, then back to the first count?

Started off as a cop, got burned out at the 7 year mark and managed to get hired in tech support for an online newspaper. Ended up the Manager/Network Administrator after a year and did that for 3 years. Got burned out with that and migrated back to law enforcement where I've been ever since. I never really totally left the cop stuff though, I reserved for the whole time I worked for the paper and found myself looking more forward to my weekend warrior time at the PD than I did my full time work. Never regretted going back to the LE stuff full time except the pay could always be better.

How we cops are so alike, I started at 21 being a city officer, after 5 yrs got tired of working every weekend and missing the kids birthday parties and such. Transferred to the city electric department and worked as a lineman for 4 years(and reserved on weekends for the S/O). Was not fond of climbing ploes, so back to the PD I went. After 4 years with the PD I went to the Sheriffs' Dept as a Detective Sgt. 6 years there and off to the State Park Rangers. This has got to be the best kept secret in law enforcement. Been here for 3.5 years and lovin every minute.
Now if I could just find a L.E. flying job I'd be set.:yes:

judypilot said:
You mean martial arts?

Bad day for both of us. My excuse was that it was about 6 a.m. when I wrote that, and I'd had only one cup of coffee. What's yours?;)

Judy
About the same Judy! Just couldn't resist though! No offense intended...

I'm kind of going through the "sick of the office" syndrome. I'm not really an office person, but to duplicate my salary outside somewhere would be very difficult. I think if I flew for a living I would quickly become tired of the lifestyle and flying. I'd rather keep flying an avocation. My perfect job would be essentially doing what I'm doing but being able to fly myself to client locations. In the end we're all fortunate we can b*tch about it and still afford to fly.

Lets see, born and raised on a farm, worked it until late teens,, at same time had a real job as photographer and writer for 3 local papers, and learning to fly, cut off finger and sold it to pay for ratings, became a tool maker then tool designer, hated it.

went to flying, started charter service then bought an FBO, sold FBO went back to flying, bought a farm, continued flying, went into grain and fertilizer business, sold that, as offshoot of trucking grain went into trucking business, sold that, became paramedic at same time took up computers,

started computer business, do IT outsource work for numerous companies, build websites, do database developement, burned out on paramedic, took up politics, went back to flying, just took up helicopters, thinking about going into real estate.

Last edited:
At this point .. I probably won't change. And I enjoy what I do.

I started out 43 years ago in the supermarket business at age 14. I've
been in it since then except for my 3 yrs in the Army. I've done everything
at store level, store management, store ownership.

My formal education is in Electronics Engeering/Technology. Worked
in Communications in the Army.

I went through a 141 school Professional Pilot course after the Army
and got Commercial/instrument/Multi/Helicopter and CFI for Helicopter
and ASEL. Did a little part time instructing for a while .. but never
changed careers.

16 years ago while running a store for my current employer I was asked
to start up an I.T. Dept. I was self taught as a hobby in programming
and my schooling clear back helped with the technical aspects. My extensive
industry experience told me exactly what info we needed to support
store operations.

So now I run the IT operation and sit on the Executive Committee. While
it can get stressful at times .. I enjoy all aspects of what I do.

Now if I could just get them to buy some stores farther away so they'd
need a company plane and pilot. ;-)

RT

RotaryWingBob said:
About the same Judy! Just couldn't resist though! No offense intended...

Oh, Bob, you're going to have to work a LOT harder than that to offend me. Embarrass, maybe, which makes me question your credentials as a gentleman, as gentlemen never embarrass ladies. ;) (Of course, you could always use the excuse that I'm no lady.) But offend? Nope.

On another forum, I am known as Dr. Spellchick, even though I never correct spelling errors unless I'm asked to or am provoked (as in this case). Besides, mine was a typo, not a spelling error. There's a difference. :yes: :blowingkisses:

Judy

Lets see....

Spent 6 years active duty army;
5 years as a police officer;
the rest has been in the IT arena.

Now I am an IT Security Consultant who flys around the country telling banks and utilities why their networks are insecure and get paid well to do it.

John Wesley - looks like you suffer from the same thing as me - can't decide what I want to do when I grow up! Reading your story made me say "That would have been me if my wife would have put up with it!"

Back