How to handle police encounters (Humor)

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
A little bit of Chris Rock to lighten your evening. Is it sad that I have friends who I need to send this to, not because they'd get a laugh out of it, but because they need to do what he recommends?

THIS VIDEO CONTAINS OBSCENITIES WITH NO CENSORSHIP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Sound advice. Couldn't have said it better. Of course, had I said it, it might not have been nearly as funny. It did look like an episode of COPS. I wonder if Chris was auditioning for the job as host. Better on that than an awards show.

I've been trying to find this funny video again, and finally did; couldn't remember "who" did it, so its been hard to locate.

To continue this thread's topic, though... there have been lots of threads on POA about your rights when stopped by an officer, about being respectful, about what you must do, shouldn't do, and have the option to do. I found it interesting the advice (mirrors what I've heard here) that is on page 13 of the 2009 Burning Man Survival Guide, on How to Behave with Law Enforcement.

It's funny but it's COMMON SENSE.

"Do not run. If the police have to chase you, you can bet they're bringing an ass-kicking with them."

That's been around a while. I almost showed it to my students at the University (they'd probably listen to him better than they would me), but I wasn't sure the administration would appreciate the delivery of the message.

Thanks Bill! I particularly liked the link from there where he introduced our current President (at the time nominee for the Democratic Party candidacy)!

Thanks Bill! I particularly liked the link from there where he introduced our current President (at the time nominee for the Democratic Party candidacy)!

What the heck...that was awful! Guess Chris needs a teleprompter too.

That's been around a while. I almost showed it to my students at the University

I find that brutal honesty & a smile works best. I've yet to have a bad experience with the police. Then again, I don't interact with them much. My first time being pulled started like this:

Me: What seems to be the problem officer?

Officer: Your tags are expired. License & registration please.

Me: Oh yea, I know they are. (smile)

Officer: (puzzled, "wtf?" look)

Me: I bought this car used a while ago & I'm waiting for the tags. (points to dealer paperwork)

I've yet to have a bad experience with the police. Then again, I don't interact with them much.

Back