How to change tail number on Garmin GTX330ES?

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
I purchased a used Garmin GTX330ES and recently had an avionics shop install it. I think they forgot to program my tail number into the new transponder for ADS-B and I would prefer to not have to go all the way back there for them to do it.

Is there a simple way to change the tail number?

If you hold the function button while you power it on it should go into settings. Just scroll through the pages and fine the tail number screen. I'm not sure if it automatically decodes the HEX code, but that's easy to get from faa.gov by typing in your tail number. If everything else is working then don't change the other settings.

There is an option in settings menu for 345 that allows owner to change it, i suspect it is the case case with 330, however, i am not familiar with the menu. may be @Ryan Klems can chime in.

Edit: see note from Jesse

Hold down Func when powering it on will put you in config mode. You probably need to make sure all the rest of the parameters are setup too... such as aircraft size, max airspeed, etc.

edit: Heh, looks like we all were typing at the same time

The 345 is 100 times more complicated menu structure compared to the 330ES.

The 345 is 100 times more complicated menu structure compared to the 330ES.
no kidding, there are tons of stuff there. i took pictures of all the settings in case i mess things up

Back