How the "Breezy" got it's name?

We talked to Charlie Unger, not knowing who he was.

Great article! I love the Breezy! Many people have never even seen one,
but I've had three rides in two different Breezys. One was owned by
a fellow here in Jersey named Jan Mock. The second is currently based at
Central Jersey airport and is owned by a group of guys.

Hello Offcenter,

This is Mike, one of the Breezy owners from Central Jersey. Stop by the Breezy hanger anytime and I will take you for a ride. We have given over 500 rides, as recorded in our guest book for first time riders. See you at the Drome.

DSCF0879-s.jpg

Mike G

I used to want a Breezy so badly... and then I found out about the Aircam.
Oh, who am I kidding? I'd love to fly either.
Nice article!

Love the Aircam; got to sit in one on floats while at OSH, that was for sale. Aircam is like a Breezy on steroids... dual steroids. :)

Got the name and number of a guy who does SES and MES/MEL ratings in a J3 Cub (if I recall correctly) and an amphib Aircam, respectively, in a single week of flying. That'd be a blast.

Love the Aircam; got to sit in one on floats while at OSH, that was for sale. Aircam is like a Breezy on steroids... dual steroids. :)

Got the name and number of a guy who does SES and MES/MEL ratings in a J3 Cub (if I recall correctly) and an amphib Aircam, respectively, in a single week of flying. That'd be a blast.
That sounds incredible! I heard, though, that pilots couldn't get a ME rating in the Aircam because of the fixed-pitch props. However, I have seen Aircams modified with full-feathering and reversible props.
Maybe the instructor has a modified version. In any case, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend a week.

our glider friend in western kansas has one. my breezy ride was a hoot!

Hello Offcenter,

This is Mike, one of the Breezy owners from Central Jersey. Stop by the Breezy hanger anytime and I will take you for a ride. We have given over 500 rides, as recorded in our guest book for first time riders. See you at the Drome.

DSCF0879-s.jpg

Mike G

Hey Mike! You took me for a ride a couple of summers ago.
But I'm ready to go again any time you are!
I'm George from Tibor's ultralight group.
I was talking to you about your police BMW at our
meeting a few weeks back, remember?

Hey George,

Didn't put you and the screen name together here, sorry. At least you got your ride already. See you at the airport.

Mike G

So Mike G.; given the rather open-air structure of the Breezy I suppose a Stig-like attire is warranted? :rofl:

I flew one for a couple of flights in sun glasses, shorts and sandels. Bugs kinda' bugged me but DAMN it was fun!

As far as I know the new rules clamped down on the use of previously certified components as it applied to the 51% rule. Would it be more prudent to use Wag-Areo Cuby wings in a build?

I'm thinking Rotax pusher...

Chris

Hi Chris,

I was a Motor Officer and ride a motorcycle almost everyday, so I like the full face helmet when I fly the Breezy. My partners like the leather helmet with goggles instead. People on the ground know when I fly because they see the white motorcycle helmet. They always say I saw you flying over town yesterday because I spotted the helmet.

As for the Wag Aero wings, sounds good to me. I have never seen a Breezy with a rotax, many variations of C-85, C-90, LYC 0235, LYC 0320 and talk of putting a LYC 0360 in one. Ours has Super Cub wings and tail, and about a 12" plug in the front of the fuselage. LYC 0320 150 HP engine, dual controls and an electrical system complete with electric start, lights, radio and mode c transponder, intercom. The Super Cub wings hold 38 gallons of fuel.

Take care,
Mike in NJ

We have one based at U03. One of the brothers lost his goggles on take off and it shattered the prop. Lucky he had enough runway to stop. Now they are careful with what they wear. I get to fly it soon.

I was in NJ in June hoping to fly in the Breezy but it was out of service for maintenance. Had to settle for a ride in Grumman Tiger.:D Up the Hudson, around the Lady and a tour of the NJ countryside. Tried to get back up during the summer but life sometimes gets in the way.

Hope to see you soon Mike.

Last edited:
Hey Roy,

You better get here soon, I had to fly with long pants and a sweatshirt a few days ago for the first time this season.

Trying to figure out what my plans will be for this winter, will keep you posted.

Mike G

Back