How many hrs for complex endorsement

Joe Williams said:
I had an unexpectedly HUGE power bill this check, so I didn't get to go. Hopefully the last of the winter gas pain. Wonder how much it would cost to just have an all electric central heat & air system installed for an 1100 sq foot house, including running ductwork. Seriously, if anyone has a guess, let me know. I suspect the cost would be offset by the increase in the house's value.

If you really want to save on heating bills, look into Geotransfer systems. Something like a heat pump except there are coils buried in the ground or a lake which provide the heat sink/source. In some climes ti can run for 10% any other electric means. They do cost more than a standard heat pump, but most of the extra is the labor involved with burying the coils. If you could do that yourself it could even be cheaper.

wangmyers said:
I don't put the prop in full until the field is made on an approach, or until final after the last power reduction. MP is quite low a that point, and (for example) in the C182, RPM is at abou 1500.
I do the same -- prop doesn't go full forward until the final right-to-left sweep when commiting to land either turning final in the pattern or leaving DH/MDA on an instrument approach, which is also when I go to full flaps.

I go full prop on final, iff (if and only if) the prop gov is no longer in control. The last thing I want is to generate more noise than necessary in a noise-sensitive area. Safety not withstanding.

Prop goes full on downwind if flying a pattern, and oh, about 3/4 to 1 mile out if straight in on final.

N2212R said:
Prop goes full on downwind if flying a pattern, and oh, about 3/4 to 1 mile out if straight in on final.

Pretty much where I do it as well. A lot of times I will do it on the downwind as I pass my touch down mark.

I used to put the prop in Hi RPM once I had the power back far enough that the throttle would limit the RPM, typically after turning final. But a while back I switched to leaving the props at 2300 or 2500 all the way down. That means I must push them forward on a go around, but I've gotten in the habit of always pushing all the levers then since I'm leaving the mixture leaned as I land also.

Back