How is Panthera doing?

MountainDude

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MountainDude
Pipistrel Panthera promised extraordinary performance for 2/3 of the cost of a C182.
I have not heard much about it and not seen one in person.
Anyone have info on the sales, real world performance, maintenance issues, safety...

Pipistrel Panthera promised extraordinary performance for 2/3 of the cost of a C182.
I have not heard much about it and not seen one in person.
Anyone have info on the sales, real world performance, maintenance issues, safety...
There's a few out there but it's not certified. The only ones in the field are experimental exhibition registered. Not sure if things are progressing at all now that Textron bought them.

There's a few out there but it's not certified. The only ones in the field are experimental exhibition registered. Not sure if things are progressing at all now that Textron bought them.
Oh wow. Did not know that it was not certified (wow, it has been so many years), and forgot that Textron acquired them. I would think that would accelerate their certification and sales.

Oh wow. Did not know that it was not certified (wow, it has been so many years), and forgot that Textron acquired them. I would think that would accelerate their certification and sales.
Yeah, because Textron is known for it's history of making and selling lots of GA aircraft.

Textron doesn't have a stellar history of acquiring a company and continuing development of the product. See Columbia/Corvallis/TTX/400.

Textron bought Pipistrel for the electric aircraft. The last I heard, Pipistrel was testing the panthera as a hybrid. But that was before Textron bought Pipistrel. Its all but dead in my opinion.

Not sure where you got 2/3 cost of a 182. Certified version was expected to be 750k. I thought the 182 was a hair less than that.

Last edited:
I saw one at Oshkosh with a sold sign on it. Really awesome design and performance.

Back