how flexible is ignore?

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
Is there a way to ignore all threads with a particular word or phrase in the title?

Is there a way to ignore all threads started by a particular person, but still see their individual posts?

I have only used ignore to block two people since I have been on POA, but it is worthless. Every time I see that one of their message is being blocked, the next post has someone quoting it.

Although I have not completely mastered it yet myself, I would suggest that you practice up on the manual method of "ignore what needs to be ignored". I have yet to have much success with the tech solutions.

Is there a way to ignore all threads with a particular word or phrase in the title?

Is there a way to ignore all threads started by a particular person, but still see their individual posts?

I have only used ignore to block two people since I have been on POA, but it is worthless. Every time I see that one of their message is being blocked, the next post has someone quoting it.

That was one advantage of usenet. It was trivial to setup filters to ignore a particular poster and any post that was a reply to that poster. With such filters I didn't see any of the pollution from bertie or mxmaniac and other such trolls.

I don't get the whole "ignore" feature. If there is a poster you can't stand, when you see their name, or avatar coming up, you scroll right past. It does require you to resist the printed word. In the words of Nancy Reagan- "Just say no" to bad posters.

You already have the most flexible ignore feature available to you right now, it's called your brain. I don't get the need for one in the software. :dunno:

I don't get the whole "ignore" feature. If there is a poster you can't stand, when you see their name, or avatar coming up, you scroll right past. It does require you to resist the printed word. In the words of Nancy Reagan- "Just say no" to bad posters.

Some people get their jollies trolling and suckering others into pointless discussions. Some people get their jollies watching such foolishness.

To me, all that is just pollution.

I know how to scroll past a troll, but the troll's post is still polluting the community.

When I click on "new posts" and half the posts are a variation of cole slaw or some other idiotic rephrasing of a previous post it makes it hard to find anything interesting. I admit that I sometimes get lured into posting on those threads, but they are annoying.

I'm sorry you "don't get it". (rant deleted).

When I click on "new posts" and half the posts are a variation of cole slaw or some other idiotic rephrasing of a previous post it makes it hard to find anything interesting. I admit that I sometimes get lured into posting on those threads, but they are annoying.

I'm sorry you "don't get it". (rant deleted).

That is really the only time I use the ignore thread feature. It doesn't bother me that folks post that kind of thing, I just don't care too participate myself so I ignore the thread. I have exactly one person on ignore and I'm pretty sure they aren't around anymore anyway.

Some people get their jollies trolling and suckering others into pointless discussions. Some people get their jollies watching such foolishness.

To me, all that is just pollution.

I know how to scroll past a troll, but the troll's post is still polluting the community.

70% of everything we produce is pollution, what makes you think this can be different?

Back