How far do you GO?

is there a website that is tracking your log entries to generate all that?
There is an app for the iPad or the iPhone that you can use while flying that will actually keep track of your flight route and give you graphics of where you've flown, with altitude and speed. You can checkout their website at CloudAhoy.com.

screen_shot.jpg

I have yet to actually use it but it does look promising.

Last edited:
There is an app for the iPad or the iPhone that you can use while flying that will actually keep track of your flight route and give you graphics of where you've flown, with altitude and speed. You can checkout their website at CloudAhoy.com.

I have yet to actually use it but it does look promising.

It works great for iPad or iPhone (I have it on both). The only problem is you have to remember to turn it on (it will turn itself off, though).

i fly 1.5 hours minimous each time, my longer ride has been 4 hours from MMUN to MMAN mex. the second has been 3h from cancun to keywest florida, crossing all the golfo de mexico

I have made several trips to Eastport Me via Rockland, Me. One resulted in one of my longest flying days (7 1/2 hours). I have also done a couple of trips to Plattsburg, NY and to Westchester Cnty, NY. Some other trips are out to the islands of Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Block Island.
22 years and they've all been around the Northeast in my plane.
I have flown (rentals) in NC, Ca, and Scotland but most of those were under 100 miles.
I have done a 100 mile trip in a (rented) Sweitzer 300, done at a comfortable cruise of 70 knots. This was for my 3 airport tour for my up rating.

For many years, I've usually planned one long cross country per month and do shorter trips or training in between. From Dallas to Wisconsin to see family, Dad was in San Diego until he passed a few years ago, Daughter and family in Virginia, now South Carolina. Mom in Orlando and I attend SIMCOM there for recurrent training.

My big one this year is Dallas to Madison, WI to pick up family, to Charlotte area, to Nassau and back this August. Last year, I did the same trip but to Kiawah Island, SC instead of the Bahamas.

Best,

Dave

My longest flight was from Sebring, FL KSEF to Sheboygan, WI

I enjoy flying to Alabama, Key West, Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville, FL

Before EAPIS I went from Miami to Crooked Island in the Bahamas with stops in between.

Cherokee 180 - usually 1-2 hrs each way.
Done OSH in a variety of vehicles (my cherokee, a Cessna 180, my ford, Frontier A320, United 737/commuter, Amtrak to ORD then drive to OSH, etc)

Longest flight? Denver to Edwards AFB.

Other than OSH it's not cost-effective or practical to fly the cherokee east of the Mississippi and the weather is always an issue (airplane is IFR but I'm not)

Back