How do the small mfgrs survive?

So, one kit two parachutes, or the M-squared for a bit more than $30k.

Guess you were right, I do want a Bonanza for $30k. Well, at least I want something closer to a Bonanza than this. The M-squared looks like a plane, and kind of flies like a plane, but 5GPH to go 45MPH with a TBO of 300 hours isn't what I was hoping for.

However, you are correct. The fact that they have two seats does qualify them as LSA.:yikes:

Take a look at what is the current version of the Eiper GT 500, or if you prefer out in the open & side by side, my favorite the MX-II Quicksilver. These are made by one of the oldest and largest companies in the ultralight business, I got a Quicksilver with a 25hp 2 cyl Chrysler 2 stroke with a piece of yarn for an instrument in 1981 for $2500 delivered brand new with and assembly and flight instruction manual. You can get a much more sophisticated machine now for not a lot more money. It may not seem sophisticated at first glance, but the better units you see it in the details and the hardware. For pure flying fun for me an one other, it's hard to beat an MXII on amphibs. I was doing some of those demo flights. $45 got you a 25 minute demonstration ride and I was marketing at a spot that was water locked and saw a lot of boat traffic with disposable income enough to buy these suckers. Those were some fun weekends and those rigs are fun to fly, but I need a backpack fan & para foil for getting around lol.

Piper is more or less owned by the Sultan of Brunei. They were somewhat subsidized by the local vero beach government via tax incentives, they failed to keep up their end of the bargain and now owe a million or so in taxes.

All the a/c mfgrs around here reniged on their obligations after getting millions in tax money subsidies.

Back