How do I get out of configuration page on GNC355

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
I did an update on my SDCard last night to update the software on my GNC355 but I dont know how to get back to the main page. It tried turning it off and on but it just goes back to the configuration page.

Attachments

• D7728FDD-8A07-4674-A6F8-901D3987ADA1.jpeg
    D7728FDD-8A07-4674-A6F8-901D3987ADA1.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 29
I called Garmin and they said to try booting it without the SD Card. I may have erased my SD card by accident. If i did, how do I reload my SD Card?

What are you trying to do? You don't need an SD card in there unless you are updating one of the databases.

It started out with me wanting to update my NAV database but then I was on flygarmin and it looked like there was a software update for the GNC355. I downloaded that along with the new NAV database. I put the card back in my 355 and turned it on. The configuration screen came up so I pushed 'UPDATES" and it loaded like 6 different screens but then just stayed on the configuration screen. No matter what buttons i pressed i could not get out of the configuration menu. I even tried to restart it and it goes back to this page. I hope i did not mess it up.

I took the card out and rebooted it and it started fine. So I probably messed up the card. Ill try to fix the card on my computer when I get a chance.

This is a big part of why software updates are supposed to be done by A&Ps. It's not difficult, but also going into it without a plan or the knowledge to do it right can cause problems

My guess is because the unit sees the software update sitting on the SD card, it’s booting to config mode automagically. I’ve never tried sticking the update on the normal update card, so can’t guarantee that’s what’s happening, but seems likely. The card is only needed for the db updates, it then copies the data to internal storage, so I’d suggest just deleting everything on the card or reformatting it (fat32) to get back to status quo.

Back