How can I make a ton of money legally without a lot of work

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Just curious what the secret formula is.
This whole working my ass off is great and all but there are things I cannot afford and I wish to be able to afford them.

In hindsight I think I should have gone into tele-radiology. I implemented some software recently for a practice management company and the guys doing that were getting a great return on a 4 year degree and doing it from home to boot.

Don't you own your TB-9? Life can't be that bad for you. :)

interestingly enough I wrote a book called "How you can make a ton of money legally without a lot of work". just send me three easy payments of $49.95 and you'll be well on your way.

Take the most ridiculous whiz-bang airplane design you can imagine and run around begging money from investors. It's seemed to have worked for Moller for several decades.

Don't you own your TB-9? Life can't be that bad for you. :)

No, that is dad's.
He got into computers in the 70's I got into them in 2000
So I fly his plane. No complaints but he doesn't fly all that much so I sort of feel like I am running up his hobbs meter. I get to fly for the price of fuel and I keep it sparkling clean for him but I have no equity in it.

I am going to buy my own plane one day.

Start buying quality homes and renting them out. Interest rates are low, and most properties would have a positive cash flow right from the start, which you use for maintenance and paying off the loan early. Take out 15-20 year loans on each home and never pull cash out of the properties if you refi. In 12-15 years you can retire. :yes:

Learn how to do simple repairs and paint yourself. Its not rocket science.

Nothing better than having someone else pay off your loan. ;)

Last edited:
Many public sector jobs offer such opportunities, however the best money is in the first responder area, which unfortunately does require work, especially in the beginning.

In many cities, you can retire with full benefits after only twenty years, along with picking up a paycheck that exceeds what your earned while on the job.. If you get on board at a young enough age, you can do what is called double dipping, and end up with two full pensions by the time you are in your early sixties or sooner.

Plenty of workday breaks, paid days off, sick time off, vacation time, overtime pay, bonuses and a host of other benefits. After five or six years on the job, you might find yourself in a position of all you have to do is holler and point.

-John

Make PapaCharlie Coins and get people to think this is a real coin and a good investments. Sell millions.
Kind of what MAKG said.

If you have some available cash, Geico is spot on, I think. It may not be a way to make a lot of money quickly, but over time it looks pretty good. Caveats: Banks do not want to finance investment properties without 20% down, and fees & closing costs (AKA front-end bank profit) means you'll be writing a big check up front. If you make good decisions and manage things well, though, it looks like a real winner. We're looking at picking up our first rental property now.

If you have some available cash, Geico is spot on, I think. It may not be a way to make a lot of money quickly, but over time it looks pretty good. Caveats: Banks do not want to finance investment properties without 20% down, and fees & closing costs (AKA front-end bank profit) means you'll be writing a big check up front. If you make good decisions and manage things well, though, it looks like a real winner. We're looking at picking up our first rental property now.

My late uncle one time told me that if you invest in real estate, for the first fifteen years, you have to look after it. After fifteen years, it will look after you.

When he died in his 90s he owned thousands of rental units in California and Texas.

He was an amazing guy. He started out selling eggs door to door from the trunk of his car. He then started buying rental units, then it was laundromats and rental units. The company is now managing all of their real estate holdings. My cousins have all retired more than comfortably, and their kids now run the business.

They are all hardworking and are engaged in many other businesses besides their family's holdings.

-John

I just saw The Wolf of Wall Street, but he ended up in jail. Just become famous and then leverage your fame. Kinda of like Kim Kardasian. I think she kicked it off with a viral sex video.

What's "a ton" and what do you want to buy?

Not a lot of these can be done without a lot of work, but the "not working or deceased" category might be what you're after:

who_are_450_0.png

Last edited:
If you do real estate be warned all the laws are in favor if the renter. I know a few people that got out of it for that reason.

Not a lot of these can be done without a lot of work, but the "not working or deceased" category might be what you're after:

who_are_450_0.png

I would rather be in the "Unknown" category!

I would rather be in the "Unknown" category!

Why are "not working" and "deceased" merged into the same category? One would be favorable (if it puts you in the top 1%) and one would not.

Illegal to bribe a defense contractor or supplier but not illegal to bribe a member of congress. Lobbyist is the job! big dough! nice limo! good food! big house , etc? go for it.

If you do real estate be warned all the laws are in favor if the renter. I know a few people that got out of it for that reason.

Not true, laws vary from state to state. I can have a renter locked out in less than 30 days, get a judgment for the amount owed including damages, and have their car towed or their pay check garnished within days. Laws favor tenants only if they pay.

In 25 years of being a landlord I have never lost a case I have taken to small claims. Ever. Sure, you have to know the law, and what judges want to see as proof, but that is not hard to learn.

Most landlords get out of the business because they are lazy. They rent to dead beats becuase they are too cheap and don't pull credit reports. That can all be done on line for a minimal investment that will pay huge dividends with good tenants. Good tenants with good credit are the people you want to rent to. Dead beats are a dime a dozen.

Last edited:
Not true, laws vary from state to state. I can have a renter our in less than 30 days, get a judgment for the amount owed including damages, and have their car towed or their pay check garnished within days. Laws favor tenants only if they pay.

In 25 years of being a landlord I have never lost a case I have taken to small claims. Ever.

You are correct I forgot about different states. In Minnesota the laws are all in the renters favor. There are agency's that do nothing but "help" renter from "slum lords".
Come here and see if you can get a renter out in 30 days. I know a current owner that would be happy.

And it is not nearly as easy as you make it sound.

Defeatist attudes abound in real estate. Its easier to look at it and say it is difficult only because you don't understand it. Funny, people go to school to learn, but schools no longer teach students the ability to learn, they teach agendas. Real estate is much easier than you think, when you think out side the box.

Real estate has made more net worth millionaires in this country than any other occupation. The above graft is for income. Bill Gates probably has little to no income. Warren Buffet probably has little to no income. Their net worth is what is impressive. ;)

Last edited:
Here is an sure fire way to have a ton of money. Take $4,000 to the bank and ask for pennies. You will then have a ton of money.
I am sure someone will correct me on the amount of pennies needed. The exact number seemed to very on my google search so I just went a little high.

You are correct I forgot about different states. In Minnesota the laws are all in the renters favor. There are agency's that do nothing but "help" renter from "slum lords".
Come here and see if you can get a renter out in 30 days. I know a current owner that would be happy.

I could have the renter out in 24 hours. Guaranteed. ;)

I could have the renter out in 24 hours. Guaranteed. ;)

Legally :)
This is Minnesota you can not pay your electric bill all winter and the power company can not turn it off (think of the children)

Defeatist attudes abound in real estate. Its easier to look at it and say it is difficult only because you don't understand it.

Oh, I understand. I watched my dad and brother do this. Yeah, they made a ton of money, and my brother still does. But it was a HELL of a lot of work. So, unless they did it all wrong, I stand by my statement. It isn't as easy as you make it sound.

I just read the Minnesota Landlord Tenant Act. Took me all of 30 mins. Any tenant that does not pay rent can be forceble locked out by the county sheriff within 30 days of filing the lawsuit in district court. The landlord (if successful) can collect attorney's fees of $5. :rofl: and costs of $275. :eek: Any attorneys here do an eviction for $5? :no:

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/housing/LT/LT4.asp

Most of the rumors you have heard about landlord -v- tenants are myths. Talk to successful landlords. ;)

Last edited:
I just read the Minnesota Landlord Tenant Act. Took me all of 30 mins. Any tenant that does not pay rent can be forceble locked out by the county sheriff within 30 days of filing the lawsuit in district court. The landlord (if successful) can collect attorney's fees of $5. :rofl: and costs of $275. :eek: Any attorneys here do an eviction for $5? :no:

http://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/housing/LT/LT4.asp

Most of the rumors you have heard about landlord -v- tenants are myths. Talk to successful landlords. ;)

That is 30 days you said you could do it in 1 :)
Also the renter most likely will have a "free" lawyer. I do like that you can get $5 for your fees :)

I agree money can be made on rental property. The key is good renters and good areas. The ones i know that had issues were in "low rent" areas and rent to government subsided renters.

That is 30 days you said you could do it in 1 :)
Also the renter most likely will have a "free" lawyer. I do like that you can get $5 for your fees :)

I agree money can be made on rental property. The key is good renters and good areas. The ones i know that had issues were in "low rent" areas and rent to government subsided renters.

There are good people / tenants in all economic classes, including Section 8 housing. Finding the good ones requires the landlord to actually do the back ground checks, check references, talk to past landlords, etc. After they move in the landlord needs to be proactive in communications with them.

Last edited:
It does not matter what it is one does, if it is done for money it is WORK!
I'm thinking that legal pot sales is the way of the future . Especially the edible cookie treats. It would still be work.

Just curious what the secret formula is.
This whole working my ass off is great and all but there are things I cannot afford and I wish to be able to afford them.

Buy an FBO and flight school. Then youll be rich :rofl:

Legally :)
This is Minnesota you can not pay your electric bill all winter and the power company can not turn it off (think of the children)

Isn't that true for renters too, no evictions until April 1st??

Back