"Hover" message text

MSmith

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark Smith
I'm using Firefox (1.03). When I hover over a thread title, the first line or so of the message text appears in a yellow box.

However, it's a little too persistent. If I click another thread, the hover text stays around for around 5 seconds, covering up the text of the new message.

Is this a Firefox thing, or can you control it?

I believe that is a Firefox thing. In IE, when my mouse leaves the boundary of the thread for which the hover is shown, the hover goes away.

I've never had this problem and I have the most recent firefox version.

I'm using Firefox 1.0.3 and the text in the hover box goes away as soon as I mouse away from the thread title...

I've seen the persistence problem as well in FF 1.0.3. I just click elsewhere real quick. It is annoying, though.

How fast is your computer? Sometimes slow/overloaded computers will lock up on stuff like that.

My computer is pretty quick - 2.0 GHz. I don't think that's it - since the persistence is always about the same length.

I'd poke around FireFox to see if there's a setting for the amount of time to display a tooltip (which is the Microsoft term for hovering text)

Iceman said:
How fast is your computer? Sometimes slow/overloaded computers will lock up on stuff like that.
P4-2.8Ghz, 1Gb DDR RAM. The only time it's slow is with Adobe Photoshop, which seems to need a flippin' server level architecture to run with any speed.

Back