Hospitilization

H

Hospitilization

So I'm a 25 year old CFI/CFII/AGI COM MEL 1000 hours TT about a year ago I was hospitalized for a SEVERE allergic reaction to an over counter sleep aid . Literally turned as red as a lobster had a hard time breathing my heart rate was 150 as rest . So they made me stay the night throughout the night I was given IV Injections of Ativan to relax because of the stress from the whole ordeal. Have no complications to this day and am very active I compete in amateur water skiing tournaments and work as a 141 check airmen at a flight school what am I required to report?

Call AOPA medical folks or the FAA medical folks, or check with the Doc you do your physical with. You're going to get a bunch of different answers on here lol. There are a couple of Docs on here that give advice/opinions so one of them may chime in.

Last edited:
First, find out EXACTLY what the doc put in your file, get copies.

Nowadays doesn't matter what happened, just maters what's in the database.

Nah. Just get the hospital discharge summary. "Severe allergic reaction to ______ required inpatient control, succesfully treated without complication. Discharge summary to agency. Issued as eligible".

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back