Honorable Medical Discharge- First class issue?

Myfpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Myfpilot
hey all,

I was Honorably Discharged due to a medical condition (scoliosis) and its time to renew my medical certificate.... What complications and/or hurdles do I need to be aware of when seeing this doctor for renewal.

I could lie and put no, but I am not dishonest. So, I put yes and worry about him rejecting my renewal.

Any thoughts or personal experiences one can share?

Thank you!!!

Talk to the AME about this before you give him the confirmation number from med express.

If the Dr. won't do a consultation, find a different one. One wants to have one's duck in order and any necessary paperwork on hand BEFORE the FAA gets officially involved.

Given that you got the certificate with your condition before, I would suspect that this will turn out to be not such a big deal. But, I ain't no Dr.

hey all,

I was Honorably Discharged due to a medical condition (scoliosis) and its time to renew my medical certificate.... What complications and/or hurdles do I need to be aware of when seeing this doctor for renewal.

I could lie and put no, but I am not dishonest. So, I put yes and worry about him rejecting my renewal.

Any thoughts or personal experiences one can share?

Thank you!!!

Scoliosis is an SI. It is often repeated advice not to submit a medical app unless you are SURE you will pass...

I can attest that "owning your medical" is the way to go...know before you submit...I also recommend a chat with Dr. Chien, mentioned above.

slight tangent - we have a guy at work who cannot be medically cleared for his old job after he came home from iraq because of his "traumatic brain injury". They have him a purple heart when his vehicle was damaged by an explosion. He says he doesn't think he really had a concussion, he claims he felt no effects at all besides getting some stitches for some cuts. I can understand them wanting to give some kind of recognition to these guys that suffer IED's but they way they've gone about it, they've messed up their post-service lives in some cases.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back