Homeland security committee recommended staffers get shots to travel to NASCAR

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
These folks have oversight of DHS and TSA. Is it any wonder that the agencies are messed up?

(Had your shots, Ron?)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071012/NATION/110120099/1001

"I have never heard of immunizations for domestic travel. And as the representative for Concord, North Carolina, I feel compelled to ask why the heck the committee feels that immunizations are needed to travel to my hometown," Mr. Hayes said in a letter to Mr. Thompson first reported Wednesday by The Washington Times.

"I have been to numerous NASCAR races, and the folks who attend these events certainly do not pose any health hazard to congressional staffers or anyone else," Mr. Hayes said.

(please don't make me move this to Spin Zone. Please?)

They're talking about hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza. Isn't everyone supposed to be immunized against those already?

They're talking about hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria and influenza. Isn't everyone supposed to be immunized against those already?

Nope!

Hep A only if you are a health care worker. Hep B for international travel to thrid world countries, flu and diptheria are optional. I do have my yellow fever, hep B, and tetnus but even then those are still all optional.

Nope!

Hep A only if you are a health care worker. Hep B for international travel to thrid world countries, flu and diptheria are optional. I do have my yellow fever, hep B, and tetnus but even then those are still all optional.

Scott is correct.

I have entries for Hep A, Hep B, IPV, Tet/Dip, and Typhoid on my Yellow Card.

waiting for the redneck honky NASCAR jokes...Chip?? :D

Nope!

Depending on what you do, some scientists at the pharma companies get the Hep B shot (including yours truly, although the worst I worked with were some bacteria & fungi). I also got a yellow jack shot for travel. I get a flu shot in a couple of weeks- I fly commercial enough to want the extra protection.

Them there diseases ain't nothin a little moonshine won't fix! :cheerswine:

Ever had moonshine? Man, that stuff'll drill a hole in your stomach faster than you can say "Here's your mason jar back.":hairraise:

They may already have Typhoid since they exhibit yellow characteristics for not disclosing their name.

Back