Holy Lobos....

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Most exciting game of the year is coming up in approximately 2 hours. I'll be there live, the game will be on Channel 616 on DirecTV, if you get it, or any other provider that offers theMTN.

The Lobos had a hell of a crazy season, from dropping a few games into 5th place at one point, and then getting back up to a tie for 3rd and then a tie for 2nd.

Utah has been number 1 all year long, and tonight, if the Lobos win, it will be a 2 way tie for 1st place with one more game to go (We'll be playing Wyoming in Laramie, which should be a fairly easy game), so we actually have a chance at the Mountain West title!

On Sunday, we had the toughest game of our lives against Colorado State University, going to double overtime, and coming VERY close to triple overtime....that was the game of the decade for sure, possibly even nationwide.

Tonight, you can feel the energy in the air, everyone's wearing Cherry, I'm wearing both Cherry and Silver, and I won't have a voice tonight/tomorrow. This is the last game at the Pit before the renovations happen that will reduce the number of available seats (currently holds 18,000). Back in the day, we were always top 10 in toughest places in the country to play, and I think with the excitement in the air, we'll be back there tonight.

I suggest watching this game, even though most people don't care much about the Mountain West, I think you'll be watching 2 teams that could very easily break some serious brackets this year, since the MWC will likely have 4 bids (1 automatic, and 3 at large), plus, its not often that you get to see a game with this kind of importance in the mid-majors.

AWOOOOOO!!!!

OK, I'll bite.

Go, Lobos.

What an amazing game! The Lobos now hold a share of first place. 18,000+ people showed up (I missed the official number) for the last time ever to the Pit, and it was so loud, it reminded me of 1990s Lobo Basketball. Unfreakingbelievable.

I literally have no voice left. The game went back and forth for a little while, until we finally pulled ahead for the last time with about 6 minutes left in the game.

Its bittersweet. My favorite place to go is going to be changing, they're adding luxury boxes to the mezzanine, reducing the number of available seats by approximately 1500, but they're nice, and we're getting some cool amenities, like a new scoreboard and some giant digital TV displays.

For the last time ever, here's some pictures of what 18,000+ screaming Cherry Red Lobo Fans looks like (the last picture is what it looks like when the student section empties out onto the Pit floor).

Attachments

• 18000.jpg
    18000.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 18000_Also.jpg
    18000_Also.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Another_18000.jpg
    Another_18000.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 7
  • charge.jpg
    charge.jpg