Hmmm...hypothetical...

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
So, my medical expires in approx 6 hours. Lets say I lived in New Hampshire.

if I took off at 11:59, and headed westbound with a crazy tailwind, landing in say, Sidnaw, MI (or some other Central Timezone place) at 11:50. I taxi in, get fuel, and then depart Sidnaw, MI at 11:59 and arrive in Albuquerque, NM at 11:50, Mountain Time. Get fuel, and taxi and takeoff at 11:59 Mountain time and arrive in Lake Havasu City, AZ at 11:59, have I violated any regulations?

Keep in mind that at least a few minutes would be spent in the air in the previous timezone after midnight....

Oh - and if this is moot, and it's based off GMT, then I'm already medically void, so yay.

At mid latitudes you would have to fly 700-900mph to out run the clock...:)

Nick, Take the 172 out at 11:59 tonight, fly across the lake to Chimueivi, land then take the boat back across the lake. You will have gotten one over on the FAA. An extra hour :)

Lol michael - this time of year we're at the same time as them though. Wouldn't work :(

But I like your thinking.

No, CA is an hour behind right now. Um I think were the same as NV now...um...hmm...I used to know this stuff.

No, CA is an hour behind right now. Um I think were the same as NV now...um...hmm...I used to know this stuff.
Arizona doesn't have DST. So, you end up with Kaaliforrneeaaaa.

I know all too well. It makes it a pain to call my sister in Scottsdale. I always end up catching her during her dinner or after-dinner chores for the ladies she cares for. She does assisted living in her home.

I think your state's excuse is something regarding the heat.

Lol michael - this time of year we're at the same time as them though. Wouldn't work :(

But I like your thinking.

LOL. I think NV and CA are both Pacific. We are Mountain, but without DST, so we're the same as Pacific.

If you can find an FAA Inspector out doing ramp checks at midnight, you've probably found an imposter.

I think JD said he used to do ramp checks at midnight when he was an FAA Inspector. Oh wait, never mind :D:D:D;);)

Yeah, but that was just a cover for a real job at the secret law enforcement agency. We could tell you but then....

Back