Hitler rant parodies on Youtube

I just watched Downfall again on YouTube. I had forgotten how moving it was, and how great the acting was.

By the way, I ran across a Hitler parody wiki. I tried briefly to find the one that NordicDave was looking for, but it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
Somehow, Hitlerian humor when antisemitism is on the rise doesn't strike me as particularly funny. I think I'll skip watching.

I’m very much with you on the appalling rise of antisemitism (and a lot of other F’ed up things going on in the world today) but I still think some of these are hitlerious and humor generally doesn’t bother me…

There was a poet on the Charlie Rose show from somewhere in the Balkans, I think. Can't remember the guy's name. His belief was that the humorous insults back and forth were part of the negotiating process between cultures, and it was his experience that when that stopped was typically when the problems started to get worse rather than better.

The flip side of that is that the people that actually believe that ethnic background or religious beliefs have anything to do with the quality of a person usually don't have much of sense of humor, probably to go along with a lack of sense in general. Like the bluejay that each year gets angry at his reflection in my window and repeatedly flies into it each spring. I always wonder if it's the same bird every year.

So far nobody has mentioned that until 1890, there were more people of tuetonic descent in North America that any other ethnic group.

Humor is part of how communities and societies heal. There are ways to make good jokes about even the most serious of subjects. You know you’re healing when you can start laughing again.
And this poor country has lost its sense of humor.

Back