Hit by Airplane

Stemme

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mtglider
http:kyss.fm.com/kalispell-woman-survives-hit-by-low-flying-airplane/
Don't know how to do a link maybe somebody else can

That's an article I didn't think was possible: being hit in the head by a flying airplane's wing and surviving to tell the tale.

Wah, I was just in Kalispell too. Did this happen at the airport ?

Wah, I was just in Kalispell too. Did this happen at the airport ?
From the linked article:
Location details are pretty vague, but we did learn through GoFundMe that Kelly was doing a photo shoot somewhere in the desert. A full-sized single engine plane flew way too low to the ground and hit her in the head with the tip of one of its wings.

Read More: Kalispell Woman Survives Horrifying Hit by Low Flying Airplane | https://kyssfm.com/kalispell-woman-...plane/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Some pilot is in deep trouble here. Flying within 500 feet of any person, vehicle, structure...
I'm wondering if it was part of the photo shoot. If so, there would be some waivers in place. Well, should be.
If not, if it was a friend messing around, I hope he gets the Trevor Jacob treatment.

This is from the Facebook page of the person who was struck (names redacted, but a simple search will get you to the same):

“While doing a photoshoot for [redacted] in the desert outside of Las Vegas, a pilot we didn't know landed his plane near us and came up and asked if we wanted to take pictures by his plane. He then showed us pictures on his Instagram of doing flybys like the one shown in the picture in this post and said he could do one for us. On the third pass, his full-size single-engine airplane flew way too close and didn't pull up in time. Tragically, its wingtip struck [redacted’s] head at high speed. By some miraculous twist of fate, her hand was positioned behind her head, adorned with a large ring. This ring acted as an unexpected shield, preventing the wingtip from slicing through her skull. However, her hand that she tattoos with was severely shattered, and she suffered a massive blow to the head that knocked her unconscious, caused her brain to hemorrhage, and left a deep and extensive wound on her head, requiring over 50 stitches. It is a miracle that she is alive. Sadly, given her injuries, it's currently unknown what her recovery will be or if she will be able to work as a tattoo artist again.”

Tragic. But I doubt the ring did much. Her crushed hand likely helped prevent a much worse outcome.

I’m withholding my snarky comment about the decision making skills of the pilot. Waiting for the photos and possibly video to surface.

Tragic. But I doubt the ring did much. Her crushed hand likely helped prevent a much worse outcome.

I’m withholding my snarky comment about the decision making skills of the pilot. Waiting for the photos and possibly video to surface.
Former pilot. At least, I would hope so.

What kind of plane is this, in the desert impromptu photoshoot incident? Other than it being a taildragger, I can’t tell.

And decision making skills of the photographer and model, as they OK'd the, um, stunt.

This is such a crazy story I can't help be skeptical until the other half allegedly involved is known.

We're doing a photoshoot alone in the desert and some random pilot we don't know decides unsolicited, to land right where we were and be part of the shoot....

That's what he'll try to claim, but there's already too much evidence published to support that.
My guess is that it was caught on film, as I can’t imagine the cameras weren’t “rolling” during the accident pass.

Back