Historical Aviation Weather Data Source

SteveinIndy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SteveinIndy
Question for everyone...does anyone know where I can look up historical aviation weather data (METARs, icing and such) for the US over the past five to six years? One of my colleagues is wanting to look into something but has run into a problem finding data like this without having to kiss a considerable amount of butt with the NWS or at least that is the impression she came away with when she called the local NWS office. Any suggestions? If there is something online where she can look this up, it would be a tremendous help.

How far back does www.jesseweather.com go? I think he got the data from Joe Areeda, and it may only go back a couple of years. :(
02-22-2009 ..

If people could find me the metar data going back before that I would gladly add it.

My metar table currently consists of: 57,846,734 reports.

I wonder if the meteo department up at Plymouth would give it to you, or give you access to dump it? 1998 is a decent bit of weather data...

Cheers,

-Andrew

02-22-2009 ..

If people could find me the metar data going back before that I would gladly add it.

My metar table currently consists of: 57,846,734 reports.
I know the add-on program "ActiveSky" for Microsoft Flight Simulator includes historical data, but the version (for FSX) I have goes back only a year or two. You might talk to the manufacturer and see if the FS9 version (which is older) has data back any further. Chances are they would be at least willing to consider sharing the data or willing to tell you where they found it all at.

Back