HIRING pilots for new tv series

do you know a pilot that would be a great host for a tv show?

• Total voters

harlanfreedman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
harlanfreedman
We are currently casting for a new TV series to feature an airline pilot that while on a layover, loves to explore the city(s) they are in. This is a PAYING JOB from the TV network for a series, not just one episode. If you have a big curiosity for exploration, many adventure stories, an outgoing personality, U.S. citizen, male or female, ages 35-45-ish, please email us a recent picture, a brief bio and get it to us at develop@FJProductions.com ASAP. deadline to apply is 11/15/2016.

The TV people should probably get in touch with Patrick Smith the ask the pilot columnist.

We are currently casting for a new TV series to feature an airline pilot that while on a layover, loves to explore the city(s) they are in. This is a PAYING JOB from the TV network for a series, not just one episode. If you have a big curiosity for exploration, many adventure stories, an outgoing personality, U.S. citizen, male or female, ages 35-45-ish, please email us a recent picture, a brief bio and get it to us at develop@FJProductions.com ASAP. deadline to apply is 11/15/2016.
You also might want to post this on http://www.pprune.org/, the Professional Pilots Rumor Network.

Just a suggestion - you might want to consider also having one of the featured pilots be a corporate pilot. There can be more variety of assignments there.

Friend of mine who used to fly a Challenger. Sitting around the house on day gets a call "yeah, we need you to come into work, fly the jet down to Bora Bora, stay there for 5 days, then fly the jet back."

Rough life.... ;)

Airline pilot? Hell, how about you pay me to fly all over and check out the local scene? I'll even bring along my wife, no extra charge if we make the right deal. I can buy some stripes from Spruce and she can refer to me as "Captain". I'd be like Anthony Bourdain with a pilot's license, just not as good looking and all.

The voices in my head say "I don't think Mr. Ranger is gonna like this Yogi." Mr Ranger of course being the airline. Although, recruiting problems being what they are, maybe.........I could see them putting the right guy on that duty. Get a few shots of him doing stuff in the cockpit before he goes to the jump seat or cabin to catch up on his sleep. There of course will have to be designated cabin crew that does his flights.

Or mscard, his humor would be a great addition ;)

I'm retired, too old at 68, plus the only places I checked out on layovers were bars, especially Ottawa, great beer drinking city. Plus McDonalds was open all night so I could grab a couple cheeseburgers on the way back to my hotel room. :D

I'm retired, too old at 68, plus the only places I checked out on layovers were bars, especially Ottawa, great beer drinking city. Plus McDonalds was open all night so I could grab a couple cheeseburgers on the way back to my hotel room. :D

We have a sponser. The cabin crew is there of course

Next week on A&E: Slamclickers!

The exciting behind the scenes life of someone who just wants to get some sleep!

This sounds pretty ill conceived to me. Yet it never ceases to amaze me the money that is sometimes "found" to produce TV shows. For this to even be close to viable it would have to be a pilot in international service. Who's gonna wanna see a guy on a layover in Pittsburgh ? Not even the people in Pittsburgh want to be reminded of it.

Actually this would be a far more entertaining show if they would choose to base it around flight attendants. They like to hit the ground running and actually go to culturally significant places. Whereas we pilots like to take a rest and then find a pub.

Do you have to fake emergency situations and talk about "highly secured" small airports ?

Just follow around the flight department of Vandalay Industries. :p

Back