HIMS Psych Eval Help

A

Anon

I'm currently navigating the medical certification process and could use some help. I had a brief period where I experimented with marijuana, which is noted in one of my PCP and therapist records (over 2 years ago). This isn't representative of my regular behavior and I've already addressed this with the psych that is was just a few times (total of 3) but the records improperly show that it was once a week formerly which is not true. I am not sure if presenting these records would work against getting a favorable recommendation.

I'm trying to decide: Should I be proactive and provide the records now or wait until the FAA specifically asks for them? I also dont want them to come back and say the eval needs to be done again.

Thanks for the help.

You'll need to provide more clarity on what you mean by "the psych" and "the records". Assuming "the psych" is a HIMS psychiatrist and you've already discussed the discrepancy between your actually pattern of use and what "the records" say, they should be able to address it with the FAA. Are "the records" medical treatment notes, court records, or something else?

You'll need to provide more clarity on what you mean by "the psych" and "the records". Assuming "the psych" is a HIMS psychiatrist and you've already discussed the discrepancy between your actually pattern of use and what "the records" say, they should be able to address it with the FAA. Are "the records" medical treatment notes, court records, or something else?
Thanks for the response. Yes, HIMS psych. The records are medical visit notes.

Psychiatry is the evaluation of total life behavior. If you are selective of what you present, the HIMS psychiatrist will write "evaluation incomplete": "Wasn't forthcoming, wasn't given full access to his thinking....." or some such. Good luck at the AMCD with THAT on your eval. And they will detect what's missing. they are VERY VERY GOOD at what they do. Occlumency does NOT work.

What you are considering doing is very very unwise and isn't going to yield what you think....

Last edited:
Back