HIMS program ISO advice

Mitchell Hollingshead

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flywmitch
I received an OWI in February of 2019. (Reported)
Received PPL in February of 2020.
Received letter from FAA in April of 2020 saying that they needed information about my owi case to certify I could hold a current medical. Sent all the documents. Then they made me do an evaluation with HIMS physiatrist. I believe he labeled me as abuse but it’s been awhile so I can’t honestly remember. They then directed me to HIMS AME. I have been under soberlink. We are submitting my packet in September. I’m just wondering is this my last and final hoop to jump through before I get my SI or am I most likely going to get another set back coming my way? Does anyone have advice about this topic? Also, how long does it take to hear back from them if they issue the SI? Very frustrated by this timely process.

The timeline is frustrating, but honestly it's what is normal these days. I don't have any direct experience with the HIMS process so I can't give advice as to what is next, but I'm glad you're in the program and have a path back to the cockpit.

Seems like there's more info that could be provided (although it's probably wise not to) that might help SGOTI predict what's about to happen.

If the psych concluded abuse, you're likely to get a list of tasks to complete by the FAA. Maybe counseling and continued monitoring, with instructions to notify through your AME once those tasks have been completed. This is me purely guessing.

Timeline is anyone's guess. Wouldn't expect anything sooner than 6 months though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back