Highlander seaplane needs pilot to fly hours for FREE

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
TII STOL Highlander Amphib needs pilot to fly hours for FREE

Due to business, family, and other interests, I don't fly it as often as it should be flown, especially during the so-called "off season" which in Seattle is totally flyable most of the time, particularly local flights over the huge regional complex of lakes, rivers and saltwater.

Prefer pilot with CFI SEL SES but, could train the right pilot. Great and unique opportunity to build sea/land/complex/HP PIC flying hours on a new, state of the art amphibion, given the "thumbs-up" by a couple different A&Ps.

Includes everything to fly pro bono, including fuel costs. Moored in a private slip, it is also rapidly trailerable with folding wings. It is a demanding plane flying in an even more demanding environment so....

See VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/user/HighlanderFloatTest and other posts on this project for more particulars.

Last edited:
Well ****. If only you were closer.

I'd be ecstatic to fly your Highlander.

Karl
2000+ seaplane
ATP etc.
Port ludlow
206-276-7758

If only I could find that deal around here. I actually have a 14 mile lake just a block from my house; your video makes me want to buy a seaplane. Also, when I watched the video it appeared that you were adjusting something on the control stick..rudder trim or elevator trim?

If only I could find that deal around here. I actually have a 14 mile lake just a block from my house; your video makes me want to buy a seaplane. Also, when I watched the video it appeared that you were adjusting something on the control stick..rudder trim or elevator trim?

That's Ray Allen electric elevator trim on the original short length stick with G-207 grip by same. You can see the LED bars moving on the indicator to left of throttle and circuit breaker/switch bank in the video.

The longer, extended split stick forward of it, is experimental and helps handle significant roll moments when on the step in choppy seas.

It's fine so far, with perfect stick geometry now and we will probably extend the other side's G-207 in a similar way.

Last edited:
I'd be ecstatic to fly your Highlander.

Karl
2000+ seaplane
ATP etc.
Port ludlow
206-276-7758

Thank you, I'll make it a point to give you a call and land over there on your bay. Impressive resume you have too, BTW.

Last edited:
With regards to the number of pilot's you're signing up and the wording of your post am I right to assume...

... there can be only one?

With regards to the number of pilot's you're signing up and the wording of your post am I right to assume...

... there can be only one?

There could be 2 or 3 pilots I'd think, plus me. I need some longer term committed flyers if I'm going to train anybody for this. Really need to live close enough to the plane in N Seattle to make it work for everybody.

Short term doesn't do much for me but, I will still give joy-rides of course.

Yeah Ted, the same as in the tent.

Back