HI Res GDU data base

skidoo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skidoo
So, I recently upgraded my G1000 software to the most current 5xx.26 version. As some may know from another thread, I began having errors on the Standby database, being unable to load it properly. I was beginning to think that the standby dB files became corrupted on the supplemental card. After several phone calls to the local Garmin rep, he told me the reason was that I had an original SD card that did not have sufficient memory to load the standby DB. He said one solution would be to order a new SD card that has more memory but also addistional features such as a high resolution terrain DB. Cost is $575 for each SD card.

So, I am wondering if there are anyone on POA who has use both the original data base "010-00330-41" and the high res data base "010-00330-43", and if you can tell me how significant the difference is and do you think the upgraded SD cards are worth it?

.....Garmin rep, he told me the reason was that I had an original SD card that did not have sufficient memory to load the standby DB. He said one solution would be to order a new SD card that has more memory but also addistional features such as a high resolution terrain DB. Cost is $575 for each SD card.

Garmin will go to no end to rape their customers.:mad:

I apologize upfront for not providing an answer to the OP.

These costs for updating/maintaining GPS databases is one of the reasons I'm soooo glad I never installed one in my cherokee.

Bump...

Apparently, the high resolution SD card became available in 2008. So, I assume those with a 2009 or newer G1000 should have the new card. Anyone here have experience with a newer G1000. Have you noticed any significant difference in the terrain display relative to older versions?

Back