Hey Wisconsin, How Cold Did it Get Last Night?

K

KennyFlys

Cold enough for this to be of concern?

Toddler Left in Daycare Van Overnight

"The daycare driver simply forgot."

This driver needs to get a job that amounts to stacking boxes on a pallet. To not check a vehicle and leave a child on board late at night is simply not excusable.

It was 20F where I was last night. Milwaukee is on the lake and it may, by only a few degrees, be a little warmer. But still, even if it was 30F in van last night it is a miracle that kid survived.

It was 17 degrees F in Brookfield around 7:00 pm last night.

Unbelievable and unforgiveable. :mad:

I notice each weekend at a daycare facility with vans outside (they are closed weekends) that a sign is placed on the drivers window of all vans that state in big, bold letters:
"THIS VAN IS EMPTY"
I suspect is to prevent just such an accident.​

where were her parents?

Yeah, really!!! You'd think if they even noticed that the kid wasn't there, they'd do something about it. I'd also think the daycare van would be a logical place to look really soon. Regardless of the van driver, I can't believe nobody else figured it out. :eek:

where were her parents?
Apparently, it was a daycare that provided service to those who work second shift; something rarely provided.

The child was to be returned home at 1030 PM and was not. The mother was waiting outside for the van to arrive. The driver never stopped, never checked the van but rather returned to the day care facility, parked the van in the lot and locked the gate.

By all appearances, the mother did what she could by using a licensed daycare for the hours needed. There's no indication she did anything wrong but rather did more by calling every number available then the police who promptly went to the daycare center, broke into the locked gate and found the child in the van.

Kudos to the cops for not letting a locked gate and closed daycare keep them from taking every step possible. The child was called within two hours of when she was to be home.

Back