Hey! That's my plane!

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Gaston's Resort made a slide show on the airport and my buddy is on it!
Steve's commie plane and a lot others of ours, too!

Last edited:
What are those radial acro planes at the end? A Sukoy club?

What are those radial acro planes at the end? A Sukoy club?
He included shots from the Red Star fly-in that happens there every year a week or two before our fly-in. Those would be Yaks and CJ-6s.

He included shots from the Red Star fly-in that happens there every year a week or two before our fly-in. Those would be Yaks and CJ-6s.
The real star of the show, though, was the DC-3. And deservedly so!

Are CJ's and Yak's dirty to fly? They all had flight suits on.:D
Well, they are, as a matter of fact. :D When I started taking lessons in the CJ, Terry suggested that I wear a fight suit because that oil goes all over. And he was right.:yes:

Are CJ's and Yak's dirty to fly? They all had flight suits on.:D
Well, they are, as a matter of fact. :D When I started taking lessons in the CJ, Terry suggested that I wear a fight suit because that oil goes all over. And he was right.:yes:

You mean they don't wear those overalls just to look cool? Who wouldda thunk it!

Last edited:
You mean they don't wear those overalls just to look cool? Who wouldda thunk it!
If it was a cool factor, then you would see a bunch of pilots wearing them the weekend the POA bunch is there. But we don't need no stinking flight suits to make us cool.:cornut:

IME, no significant amount of oil gets into the cockpit on a CJ-6 or Yak-52. The engines do tend to leak prodigious amounts of oil when sitting idle and some of that can. The suits also have several handy pockets, most of which are designed to be accessible when seated while wearing restraints and parachutes. I still have one hanging in my closet from my CJ formation training days.

IME, no significant amount of oil gets into the cockpit on a CJ-6 or Yak-52. The engines do tend to leak prodigious amounts of oil when sitting idle and some of that can. The suits also have several handy pockets, most of which are designed to be accessible when seated while wearing restraints and parachutes. I still have one hanging in my closet from my CJ formation training days.
Well, it gets on the outside of the airplane (he spends a lot of time wiping it off when no one's around to pay to do that) and then it gets on your clothes and shoes and then you get in and step on the seat and stuff. Maybe his is just more messy. :D

BTW, Terry put a bigger engine in his....a 400-something radial.

Well, it gets on the outside of the airplane (he spends a lot of time wiping it off when no one's around to pay to do that) and then it gets on your clothes and shoes and then you get in and step on the seat and stuff. Maybe his is just more messy. :D

BTW, Terry put a bigger engine in his....a 400-something radial.

Well, I wouldn't want to climb in/out wearing a white dress suit but I never managed to ruin any clothes with the three I flew in. I think I might have even ridden in Terry's (that's "Pumper", right?).

Well, I wouldn't want to climb in/out wearing a white dress suit but I never managed to ruin any clothes with the three I flew in. I think I might have even ridden in Terry's (that's "Pumper", right?).
Lance, I just flew with Terry again yesterday. :) His new engine makes a huge difference in the amount of oil on the plane. Before, when we were done flying, the CJ had oil ALL over it. I didn't even see any oil on the plane when we finished flying yesterday. That bigger engine and new prop also make a huge difference in performance.

Diana, are you taking acro lessons in a CJ-6? If so, we want to read all about them.

Rick

Diana, are you taking acro lessons in a CJ-6? If so, we want to read all about them.

Rick
:) Well, I'm back to taking lessons in it...will likely do aerobatics in it too :yesnod: plus get some formation instruction. I really like that you can move the rudder pedals forward to accommodate for shorter people like me. :)

:) Well, I'm back to taking lessons in it...will likely do aerobatics in it too :yesnod: plus get some formation instruction. I really like that you can move the rudder pedals forward to accommodate for shorter people like me. :)

I realize it's easy to get all turned around when practicing aerobatics but I think you'd need to move the rudders back (aft) for the vertically challenged.

I realize it's easy to get all turned around when practicing aerobatics but I think you'd need to move the rudders back (aft) for the vertically challenged.
What a gentlemanly way of pointing that out. :yes: Yes, that's what I meant. :D I was thinking of facing the airplane.

Back